Leaving the forum.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Just to let folk know I will be leaving the forum.

It used to be a nice place, however after having recent heart surgery and then receiving constant abuse by mainly “keyboard warriors” it’s simply not for me.

All recent transactions will be completed as agreed.

Good luck,
Andy.

P.s this will probably, no doubt be deleted, but I have taken a screen shot. Not daft you see.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
The world is a strange place right now, lots of people are feeling stress and anxiety and are venting their frustrations at any target. I'll admit I've limited my time on most forums now because this situation is happening everywhere. It will get better but we can't let this type of on-line interaction become the new norm. Try to focus on the positive stuff and don't let the other stuff get you down because we've all got enough to worry about right now without it.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Take a step back mate, see how you go, you might well find a rest is all you need. All the best anyway, been a pleasure over the years.

There is always ROF if you ever feel you need more serious abuse. :lmao:

Reactions: gra_farmer

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I take time out from forums for this reason. I must admit I usually then drop in here as I always see it was a nicer place. I think times have changed and there's fewer wholly safe online spaces now which is why I say take time out and refresh. This site might cool down for you after a month or so and we get you back as a contributor again.

Your choice obviously but I always think we all lose out when a voice is lost forever from the forum.

Good luck to you with whatever you do. Above all stay healthy.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
This is one of the nicest, most supportive groups I have ever been in online, and i have been online now 25 years.

And we are free to disagree. What is wrong with that?

Reactions: Toddy

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
This is the most civilised internet forum I ever used.
I recommend to inform a moderator if you got any problems.

Reactions: MrEd

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Is one of the transactions that you're going to complete before leaving (finally) paying me for the Woodlore sheath I sent you last year?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hmm...AndyP only 29 thumbs up. Rest of the people several hundreds.

Be very careful using that as judgement; 'likes' have only been around since the forum rebuild so an old time member with little recent activity is quite likely not to have many.

I don't know the guy but I wish him all the best and I hope he can find space to chill; we all need to take deep breaths and relax now more than ever - find the Zen in every day.

MikeDB

Jack in the Green
Dec 13, 2005
East Yorkshire
Sorry to hear that Andy. It's been many many moons since BB and after some bad luck health wise I too stepped back from the forums for a few years. Still visit on the odd occasion, even if I say nothing. Crossing the bridge and moving off for a while is still better than burning it mate.
All the best
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE