Leatherman Premium? Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Is anyone able to explain the new(?) Leatherman premium sheaths? Are there photos anywhere on the Internet?

I have just been given a birthday replacement for a confiscated (don't want to talk about it) Charge, and am struggling to reconcile what goes where. It appears as though the driver holder has been moved to a position where it is more susceptible to damage, and I've gained pockets for un-named accessories.

It's hard enough dealing with the digital handover; now I can't even fit a tool into its sheath without instructions or a small child.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
Is this it?
Leatherman-Premium-Pouch.jpg

I quite fancied one but wasn't sure if the side pockets were bigger or not as most torches are a tight fit in the original.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Is this it?
With bigger flaps: it can be seen on the LM website.

Are the flaps/pouches for a torch, then? Until I'm recruited by SO19, or move to a country with more liberal EDC laws, I'm happy with a Photon or a head torch.

The new Charge currently sits in its old (unconfiscated) pouch; awaiting a justification of the new pouch's frills.

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
The original pouch has elasticated sides that take a Maglite solitare snugly. Most LED torches are a few mm more in diameter and are a tight fit (the Fenix E01 for example). I had to scour the internet to find an LED the same diameter as the Maglite (eventually found a good one). In the other side I've got the Leatherman bit extender which is pretty useful for the wave / charge as it gives a few more inches on the driver and takes hex bits as well as the flat bits.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This is my old Leatherman pouch

719542006_9efeb100a2_o.jpg

In it are a space pen, ferro rod, LED torch, compass, and the tool

719542030_0251db1fb6_o.jpg

I find it convenient

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'll give it a try today, as it's useful to have the pliers securely to hand (to remove jams from a hedge-trimmer).
I remain unconvinced about the rest of the layout and construction, though: too many weak points.
I won't be pressurised into buying a new torch; and my battered old ferro rod would slip through. Nice tool, though (albeit, still awl-less).

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
LOL - Get thy behind me Satan!

Was halfway though thinking this would be nice, I have four already! :yikes:

Two cloth, and two of the leather. They are really useful, have a soliterre, and a steel in the side pockets. Not insane, got one with the tool. Then bought extra bit set, with a pouch but they set wrong one, so they sent leather one and told me to keep nylon one. Then wanted another nylon one so did not have to keep taking everything apart. It made sense at the time, honest.

The picture above is the new one, they solve the problem with the old sheath. You can put them in open, and close the sheath. Damn will now have to buy another sheath.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is there an (all) leather version of the new pouch? It does look handy with the "stowed open" function. I have a torch :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I make my own when needed, dont like the stock ones.

IMAG0045-1.jpg

ok its not a work of art but its solid and to my specs :)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'll report back when the new <muttering> torch arrives... and doesn't fit either.

Per prediction, didn't fit... leaving me still curious to know what does (other than an LM-branded 'flashlight'). What EDC items (plural, given two flaps) fit the tight constraints?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE