Leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenh

Apr 20, 2010
new forest
Hi all I am thinking of making a Leather pouch/roll for my crook/spoon knives.I was planning on making a fabric one first to get a template then make it in leather but I am having issues trying to source the leather.It doesnt have to be sheath thickness or stiffness just a piece of soft leather maybe to protect the knives and the rest of my kit.Any suggestions hints and or tips would be great Darren

May 26, 2010
Bristol
Hi

You could try tandys, just type in tandys leather and they will come up first, I get some of my leather from charity shops, old leather coats!
Cheers

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Sometimes its worth asking the charity shops if they have items that are rejected as too worn, but there are often suede or leather stuff cheap.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Somewhere there was thread about leather from sofa warehouses - they have sample books that they change from time to time and provide pieces about a foot square. Anf they're free!

Hi all I am thinking of making a Leather pouch/roll for my crook/spoon knives.I was planning on making a fabric one first to get a template then make it in leather but I am having issues trying to source the leather.It doesnt have to be sheath thickness or stiffness just a piece of soft leather maybe to protect the knives and the rest of my kit.Any suggestions hints and or tips would be great Darren

If you send me a self addressed envelope A5 or A4 I will put some pieces in for you up to the weight limit of the stamp....needs to be large letter....pm me for my address.

Last edited:

darrenh

Apr 20, 2010
new forest
thank you for your advice/ offers i managed to go to that famous sofa sale shop and get some its not the best colour but i wont loose them now lol :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE