Leather sheath for Runt & Firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Hi All

As you know I love my Runt and the Kydex sheath for horizontal carry but I wanted a leather sheath for when I wanted an inoffensive looking knife. So I asked Mike at Scottish Knifes to make me a leather sheath. I also got a firesteel from him with a wooden handle. Here are the results:-

runt-sheath-1.jpg

runt-sheath-2.jpg

I have included the two pence piece as without it it is easy to lose the sense of scale. It is hard to remember how small this knife is. The workmanship on the sheath is excellent. Here are some pictures of the sheath construction.

runt-sheath-4.jpg

runt-sheath-5.jpg

I am really happy with my new combination. It looks as inoffensive and functional as you can get, well in my opinion. I unreservedly recommend Scottish Knifes for sheaths or firesteels. Great quality and a good price. Oh and Mike is a BCUK member so he obviously has taste as well.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
That's a little gem mate.
I have 2 knives on order from Allan and intend to make leather sheath's for both of them.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Andy it is such good value that you could just keep the kydex as a bonus and get a leather sheath. It looks better with the non wood handles anyway, my kydex goes great with the micarta handle.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
John how much?

I was gonna make my own but if the price is right............

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Andy

I am certain that Allan would make a knife without the Kydex sheath but as others have said for the money it is worth getting it anyway, especially if you get it with the multi carry clip. I will still use the Kydex sheath on my lifejacket and perhaps in some other situations.

As to the price of the sheath I paid £25 but I do not know if that was discounted because I have met Mike at the meet up. If you contact him I am sure he will give you a price and you could always ask for a BCUK discount :wink: . Obviously I had no postage costs as Mike is quite local to me. What I would also say is that the sheath was ready in less than a week and I got pictures during the progress to make sure I was happy with everything.

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
bushwacker bob said:
Wow, a superb knife, looks like a perfect marriage.(i have to say that leather suits it much better than kydex)

I like Kydex for its resilience, but I don't really like pairing it with natural materials in general. Wood + carbon steel -> leather in my mind (unless I start messing with blade coatings, stabilised woods etc. etc.).

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
ESpy said:
Ah, gw'on...

Or maybe I'll get a man I know to make me one to match my possibles pouch - a cool looking mountain man style sheath!! :shock:

Its a time thing, I've made many sheaths in the past I just dont seem to have time these days!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE