Leather Sheath for Mora Stylie knives. (After a Blacksheep tutorial)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
This weekend, I attended the Yorkshire meet at Stead Hall woods in Burley in Wharfedale. As part of the weekend, Blacksheep offered to do a basic knife sheath tutorial, of which I took part; except I had run out of time and need to go home. So Rich kindly ran through things with me first and sent me on my way, with the promise to post pictures. Armed with the very quickly diminishing knowledge I finished the project this afternoon.

In true bushcraft style I made the awl first, then after sewing the belt loop thought 'blow this for a game of soldiers' and got the dremel copy out and drilled the thread holes instead. Blacksheep, please note I got your PM after I finished and as such the first holes weren't glued; only remembered after stitching the first 4 holes :confused: the rest are.

The staining hasn't gone well, but I will keep adding polish bit by bit. It fits my Clas Ohlson Mora's and my Falkniven F1.

Thanks very much Blacksheep for you guidance.

Attachments

• SAM_0158.jpg
    SAM_0158.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 67
  • SAM_0159.jpg
    SAM_0159.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 72
  • SAM_0160.jpg
    SAM_0160.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 70
  • SAM_0161.jpg
    SAM_0161.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 64

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I had bought some cheap liquad shoe polish but that was 20 parts water and didn't work. But what it did do was soak the leather and turns out that I had wet formed it. Checked on it this morning and the sheath was stiff and moulded to my knife, which I had left in it; good job it was a stainless blade as it was full of water droplets!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The staining didn't go well..?

It looks great from where I'm lookin.. I LOVE that colour you've made, it's right up my alley!

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Thanks for your comments.

Its more a grey black, than the grey/black green that the photo shows. I made a dangler for it last night and I'll post a pic after I stain it tonight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE