lavvu and tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Morning all
I'm after some advice.I'm doing a festival this weekend and I'll be needing some sort of porch so I was thinking of my alpkit rig 21 strung up to come out over the door.
I have a few ides but im sure someone here has done it previously.
any advice or pictures welcome.thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Not done it with a lavvu Ade but did it with a 3x3 dd tarp and my tent in the New Forest last year. Was very helpful for extra shade when hot and of course for the inevitable rain and keeping the ground dry and therefore the inside of the tent cleaner. One or two poles would be helpful of course. Maybe tie a ridge line to the top of the lavvu poles and out to another pole in front of the lavvu and peg it out over the ridge line ?

Enjoy anyway :) I'm off camping in a field in Kent for the weekend, think I'll have to rig the tarp from the side of the jeep somehow and bivvy underneath as I'm not sure there is anywhere suitable for the hammock, but will take both and figure it out when I get there I guess !

Cheers, Paul

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh

We made a low porch from a COSTCO tarp cut up with extra grommets punched into it, some old poles and bits of cord,

We'd previously made one on the spot (due to rainstorms!) from a regular tarp folded in places.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I did this with my tipi and a DD XL 3x4.5mtr tarp.

I ran 2 supporting ropes up the back of the tipi to the central pole to brace it against any additional forces. Then the ridge line was attached at the same point and fed out the front to the ridge pole and I guyed out the corners and sides with separate poles to raise the edges.

20140502_161150_zpsf7fd0efe.jpg

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Some great set ups mesquite is simular to what I was thinking.thanks to you all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE