Latest..knife sheaths +dc3/4 holders, bracelets, outdoor axe mask and my first blade!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi...just today finished off these sheaths. Have been messing around with mixing dyes quite a bit recently so thought i'd colour these a bit differently...2 are slightly different and have dc3 whetstone holders, the mahogany one caters for a dc4. made a few huge bracelets too and also my first gb outdoor axe masks and thanks to man of tanith for lending me his prized possession enabling me to do them...and i've finally taken the plunge and started work on my first blade...thanks to hillbill for not only his guidance but for also letting me use his lovely pnk-1 blade for inspiration (they are lovely little neckers...buy buy buy!) and also to richardw for sending me my first bit of 01 which i used for this. its about 18cm long, 3cm wide, 4mm thick, freehand scandi attempt and is yet to be heat treated and neatened up with some filework. enjoy!

a

DC32LOW.jpg

DC41LOW.jpg

DC31LOW.jpg

BRACE4LOW.jpg

BRACE3LOW.jpg

OUTDOOR3LOW.jpg

STRAIGHT1LOW.jpg

SHAPED1LOW.jpg

BLANK1DONELOW.jpg

BLANK10.jpg

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
saw these on FB very nice work bud. i have to ask how are the dc3 pouches secured? I can see them being rivetted on with if it was held upside down with anvil inside the pouch if that makes sense. as they would be a right pain to stitch on like that! ;)

Pholland

Apr 26, 2012
Bognor Regis
Absolutely loverly work. I want to start doing some leather work this year. I would be over the moon if I could come up with a final product like those.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Sweet as Sonni. Love the colours you have managed to produce. Now your gonna have to PM me and tell me how to do it lol ;)

Blades looking good. When you gonna get round to filework and HT on it?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
i'm getting a little confused (and concerned) about my 'thing'. maybe 'leathery' is a more accurate way of putting it lolol!
Which is preferable to the equivalent but reversed statement of
;)
Lovely work - especially like the combination rigs

patience Grasshopper of Tanith....i'm snowed in here...but i will strive to have it with you by then m8....you do know that the one below is not yours yes? yours is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay snazzier!

any time mark...and i'm gona save up and get the rothenburger superfire 2 with map gas i think....the boiler man had one on him last week and i got rather excited lol!

thanks for the compliments everyone!

a

Last edited:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I like the tooling on the wrist band.....the one the right....how's that done? I've not ventured into stamping much, still getting to grips with trying to make nice things first lol.

Seeing how's dreads down south and I've moved north have a braw on me

Orric

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Your work never fails to impress me.
Beautiful colours this time too ; I love mahogany shades on leather.
Looking forward to seeing that knifelet finished as well.
Cheers , Simon

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Map gas gets way too hot, Rach used to use it, to melt glass for bead making. Its expensive too when compared to propane. You don't need that mate. :)

Map gas's burning temp is 2925c, its used for welding and brazing things it can melt steel at that temp.. Propane burns at nearly a 1000c less than that. You only need to get the steel to 850c max. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE