Latest Knife - Lapplander 95 & Thuya burl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Just finished my latest knife.........
DSCF1206_opt.jpg

DSCF1209_opt.jpg

DSCF1212_opt.jpg

Lapplander 95 blade with vine work on spine Thuya burl scales and home made mosiac pins & stuck together with black epoxy.

Never worked with Thuya before its really nice to shape and being a aromatic wood it smells great too:D

I'm making as a present for someone so unfortunately its not a keeper:(

Richard

Last edited:

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
you must be pleased with that Richard, Very nice handle and the pins well what can you say wonderful for a home made effort. Any chance of tutorial on how you did them? I have always fancied making a couple of those

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Just finished the sheath to go with the knife.

Knife1_opt.jpg

Knife2_opt.jpg

It's 3mm veg taned leather that was re-finished light brown when I bought it, the edges were dyed to match the rest of it and hand stitched then just waxed to finish:)

Richard

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Very nice knife and sheath, I really like the file work and the Thuya burl, have you made mosaic pins before? they look fantastic, are they fiddly to make?.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Very nice knife and sheath, I really like the file work and the Thuya burl, have you made mosaic pins before? they look fantastic, are they fiddly to make?.

Hi Soar,

After Barney asked I've just listed a tutorial on how the make them in this section.

Cheers Richard

P.S. The file work was already done when I got the blade from Jedadiah, but the rest is mine:eek:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nice work Richard, it's good to see a thoughtful and measured approach to knife making. I like the sheath as well. Subtle yet effective, you've done well there bud. Someone is going to be made up this Christmas!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE