Lars Monsen on YouTube

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
I've REALLY enjoyed watching these recently. He's a really positive bloke and his programmes are quite inspiring. The best of the outdoor TV guys in my opinion!

I downloaded his stuff via bit torrent - three series to be precise. The 2+ year Canada journey, 365 days across the north of Scandinavia, and 4 seasons in Norway.

It's a real shame his books haven't been translated into English - i'm sure there would be a demand for em.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
his videos. Watched without knowing time passing.

I think I will be a fan of his bushcraft skills. I have already taken his sayings in signiture. Downloading more of his files....

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
http://translate.google.com/transla...&eotf=1&u=www.larsmonsenfacts.com&sl=no&tl=en

But I can do a few of my favourites:

14. Lars Monsen has climbed the the troll wall. With one hand.

23. Once a bear came into Lars Monsens tent and ate his food. Then Lars Monsen ate the bear.

26. Lars Monsen doesn't have the dogs to pull the pulk. They're emergency rations.

29. Once when Lars Monsen and Chuck Norris met in the woods, Lars shouted so loud that Chuck got red hair and freckles.

34. Lars Monsen is the only one who has won a staring competition with an owl.

38. When Lars Monsen was in the marine rangers and headed out for a survival exercise, he returned 7 kilos heavier than when he left.

41. Rivers and lakes develops ice during the winter. It's to protect the fish from Lars Monsen.

46. Lars Monsen can make a fire just by shouting at a pair of sticks.

52. Lars Monsen uses his own finger as a firesteel.

58. In 2001, Lars Monsen won world rally championships in New Zealand. With a moose.

59. Once Lars Monsen was bitten by a rattlesnake. After 5 hours of excruciating pain the snake died.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
That geezer's great isn't he?

Like Ray Mears, although he's obviously massively skilled and experienced, he hasn't lost the enthusiasm and wonder that tok him to the outdoors in the first place.

Excellent stuff.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
He lives in Jokkmokk now, and still competes in mushing.

For us materialists you can check out his gear: http://www.nrk.no/nordkalotten365/ click on the little pic in the lower right with the heading 'Sjekk' (with the subheader 'Lars doesn't always use the most expensive gear, see what he uses here').

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
He lives in Jokkmokk now, and still competes in mushing.

For us materialists you can check out his gear: http://www.nrk.no/nordkalotten365/ click on the little pic in the lower right with the heading 'Sjekk' (with the subheader 'Lars doesn't always use the most expensive gear, see what he uses here').

Google wont translate this for me for some reason? :(

Do you know what sort of tent the red one is with no poles please?

Also his canoe is awesome :)

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Google wont translate this for me for some reason? :(

Do you know what sort of tent the red one is with no poles please?

Also his canoe is awesome :)

Actually there isn't so much text. There is only a small comment if you hold your pointer over the picture. The text to the right is only comments. You should write to his publisher and demand english translations, because his books are very good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE