Lars Fält Taiga SE Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fjellstorm

Jan 30, 2014
Kassel,Germany
Hi guys,

i would like to ask you all here if you have any infos on the olive green half zip smock that’s Lars Fält is often wearing within all seasons. It appears to be made from a type of cotton. Maybe Ventile / Arktis-Cotton or such. I have the info that it’s made by Taiga of Sweden. I’ve asked them about a few infos on the jacket but no awnser yet.
has anyone got any info on the jacket or maybe pictures or so?
im thinking about making something similar but not yet sure about the cut and details.
regards and thanks!
Max

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Taiga are a Canadian company, I think. (EDIT- there is a Canadian Taiga, but of course there is a Swedish one too)

I know that Fjallraven used to make a Lars Falt jacket.

Is this the one you mean (long out of production)

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Half zipped smoks / anoraks aren't useful in Germany and especially not in your area.
I highly recommend to buy jackets with full length zippers. And if worn with a modern rucksack, additional arm pit zippers are a good idea too.

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Half zipped smoks / anoraks aren't useful in Germany and especially not in your area.
I highly recommend to buy jackets with full length zippers. And if worn with a modern rucksack, additional arm pit zippers are a good idea too.
Why?

Sent from Somerset using magic

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Because it's relatively warm there and there are hills and valleys everywhere around Kassel.

If you can't open your jacket there, you will sweat uphill pretty soon.
Otherwise it's not steep enough that you can simply put off your jacket if walking uphill, like you often can do it for example in Austria.

Nevertheless are nearly all Carinthia jackets, all German, French, Swiss and Austrian army jackets fitted out with full length zippers, and that's not by accident.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Because it's relatively warm there and there are hills and valleys everywhere around Kassel.

If you can't open your jacket there, you will sweat uphill pretty soon.
Otherwise it's not steep enough that you can simply put off your jacket if walking uphill, like you often can do it for example in Austria.
Yep, it's pretty warm in the UK too but not a reason to dismiss a smock. Certainly one of my favourite jackets. I have a Hilltrek ventile windshirt, Paramo fuera and a Helekon pilgrim, all work well for me especially the Pilgrim with its pit vents. I also have a Ridgeline Monsoon which I had pit zips added to, also works a treat now

Sent from Somerset using magic

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Well, may be. Nevertheless I open my jackets if walking uphill in central parts of Germany.

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West
Taiga are a Canadian company, I think. (EDIT- there is a Canadian Taiga, but of course there is a Swedish one too)

I know that Fjallraven used to make a Lars Falt jacket.

Is this the one you mean (long out of production)

I have the older model Lars Falt G1000 without hydratic liner. The liner is only blaze orange pertex. You have also a big pocket in the back and poacher pocket in the lower back like SASS smock.

Reactions: Klas and Fjellstorm

Klas

Jun 7, 2022
Sweden
I have the older model Lars Falt G1000 without hydratic liner. The liner is only blaze orange pertex. You have also a big pocket in the back and poacher pocket in the lower back like SASS smock.
Interesting, so Fjällräven made at least three versions of the Fält jacket, G-1000, G-1000 Hydratic and Gore-Tex.

Klas

Jun 7, 2022
Sweden
Hi guys,

i would like to ask you all here if you have any infos on the olive green half zip smock that’s Lars Fält is often wearing within all seasons. It appears to be made from a type of cotton. Maybe Ventile / Arktis-Cotton or such. I have the info that it’s made by Taiga of Sweden. I’ve asked them about a few infos on the jacket but no awnser yet.
has anyone got any info on the jacket or maybe pictures or so?
im thinking about making something similar but not yet sure about the cut and details.
regards and thanks!
Max
Did you find any information about the smock from Taiga?

regards,

Klas

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE