Large Woodlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Local equipment store had in stock today a much larger Woodlore than I've ever seen. Much bigger than my Alan Wood and WS versions. Absolute bargain too. £80. I'm thinking Ebay and a big profit.

They also had a custom Alan Wood woodlore pattern with sambar slabs. Only had Alan Woods logo though.

Last edited:

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Talk about give the game away - I'll keep an eye out for a large Woodlore on Ebay for 200 pieces of Gold or payment in kind or whatever they go for these days.

Must admit, my AW Woodlore must be one of the first 50 and it does appear a differant and better handle to a model I compired it with recently

:)

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
You sure its the woodlore one? Not just a custom Alan Wood?

:?:

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
On Ray's site when ordering a leather knife belt sheath, it says:

This is a hand-stitched leather belt sheath and fits all the latest Woodlore knives (from Jan 2003 onwards). If you have an older knife which might vary slightly in size, please call/email us before ordering to check if it will fit this sheath.

I guess the one you picked up is an older woodlore knife...

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The only antler handled woodlore I've heard of, were some Mr Mears had made specially for his instructors. To my knowledge, antler handled woodlore have never been made commercially available. If it's genuine, it's a rare item.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Cool, it is genuine without a doubt. I do wonder though, how long will it be before we see fake Woodlores on eBay :eek:

Thanks for that Martyn, I've used Alan Woods Woodlore for nearly 12 years now, but I've never seen one in this configuration, I must investigate this further.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Sounds intersting! What do you plan to do with it now then?

I doubt fake woodlore's will make there way to ebay, doesn't seem logistical! (if thats the right word :O )

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
P7perfect said:
Cool, it is genuine without a doubt. I do wonder though, how long will it be before we see fake Woodlores on eBay :eek:

Thanks for that Martyn, I've used Alan Woods Woodlore for nearly 12 years now, but I've never seen one in this configuration, I must investigate this further.

You might want to speak to "The General" as I remember some time ago, somneone asking about a green micarta woodlore supposedly made by Alan Wood. I think the General spoke to Alan about it and asked him if he ever made such a knife. To my knowledge Alan responded by saying the only "Ray Mears" configurations he was licenced to make, were the standard maple handled version and a stag/antler handled "instructors model". The latter were only supplied to Woodlore instructors to the best of my knowledge.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
P7perfect said:
.......and i got it for eighty quid :rolleyes:

:D

You lucky lucky Bugger. :eek: The only one's I've heard of like you describe are the instructor ones but there's nothing to say a former instructor hasn't sold theirs.

Bill

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
zambezi said:
How about posting a photo? Perhaps taken lying next to your previous AW for comparison?

Vince

I intend to, have patience though, I left my digi-cam on the window sill with the window open - it rained :(

I should get another one on Saturday.

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
Martyn is as usual spot on with the details about the Alan Wood autherised Woodlore.

If you have the knife I think you have, you are very lucky. Even I could not get an instructors Woodlore ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE