Laminated bow staves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Hi Bowyers,

I would like to gauge the interest of producing a limited run of 2-3 lamination staves for longbow making? I have woods such as Hickory, Purpleheart, Boxwood, Lemonwood, Ash, Oak and others.

And I would also appreciate suggestions on a modest price?

I maybe have enough wood for 10 staves?

Steve

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Id be interest depending on price. Also on the look out for a yew stave and also interested in Hickory, Purpleheart, Boxwood, Lemonwood, Ash, Oak and others.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I was thinking of around £60 plus postage for a 3 lam stave or 45 for a 2 lam?

I will have a dig in my wood pile as I'm sure I have a Yew stave there? It's the other half of a large branch that I made my Yew longbow out of but i will have to see if there is enough meat on it to make a bow? I think I cut it in '04 so will be well seasoned!!

Steve

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
How are you planning to laminate them. Will you be putting a reflex in the first lamination and what glue are you using?

£65.00 is cheap for the amount of work and the cost of materials. Purple Heart isn't cheap theses days.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I was planning on just a straight up glue up, no reflex. Glue would be Cascamite or Resorcinol. I have done tapered middle lams but the work would be too much with the tools I now have?

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE