Lakeland Bushcraft amazon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
Hey Guys,

I know we were all pretty gutted when they ceased trading, but if you search Lakeland Bushcraft Centre on amazon.co.uk it seems that they've got some really cool end of stock products at massively reduced rates (£80 down to 20 etc)

Assuming it's all linked to the guys we know

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Some of the pictures of the knives for sale remind me of a certain trader who was known for copying other makers designs.

And I've seen this blurb before as well...

We sell a range of bushcraft knives, bowie knives, hunting knives, camping knives, hatchets, axes, choppers and survival gear, as well as leather shooting, hunting and possibles bags for bushcrafters. All of these are specially designed for those of you who enjoy being outside, camping, stalking, shooting and fishing. We source the best bushcraft knives and other items and offer them for sale to discerning buyers who are looking to buy the best quality items for the lowest possible prices. Why pay more?!

And I've definitely seen the bag before being sold by the gentleman

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Yup... just checked one of the known sites for that gentleman and the pics are exactly the same.

I'd steer well clear of them if I were you Paul

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Yup!!!! They've been dropping prices for quite some time now - probably because anyone who knows knives won't touch him with a barge pole!!!!! :)

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
Well maybe Lurch'll pop by and clear up whether it's legit or not... Sorry if I've linked to some guy whose on a few folks bad books

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
The subject of the 7th post has an biblical outlook - he turns sells items described as knives which are in fact plough shares*.
Whereas Lurch is a genuine bloke whom i have done business with in the past and would do again if he were still trading.

* allegedly

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
How strange i was looking at a knife for sale by them the other night and thought it was lurch clearing old stock

So i take it from the thread its not lurch but could someone please pm me to let me know why its not a good idea to order from this company?

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
I seem to recall Lurch being unhappy with a hatchet thingie on UKBF. I can imagine he would also be unhappy about someone trading on his old companies excellent reputation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE