Laguiole eclaire twin blade folder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
I've had this knife for a few years now, never used it and it's just sat in its box looking pretty.

I'm thinking about selling it as my overdraft is almost full, but i dont know how much its worth, as i'm not able to find the model anyware online !

One plain blade, one serrated blade, filework on spine, great wooded box and in very good/as new condition.

So, looking for some good advice on price please, and maybe a link to the model if anyone can find it.

Photos below.

Laguiole6.jpg

Laguiole5.jpg

Laguiole4.jpg

Laguiole3.jpg

Laguiole2.jpg

Laguiole1.jpg

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
can't find any info,here. seems to be a brand,but honestly i didn't know it.
well laguioles aren't my cup of tea! i don't know nothing about it except l'éclair means the flash...
a single bladed one from that brand is sold 36,90 euros,that's all i can tell!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i may be entirely wrong here, i am often am, but i have a feeling that laguiole's are somewhat akin to mora's i.e. a number of different companies from the same region all producing work under the same name, as such i'd expect there to be a world of difference (in terms of quality and price) between seamingly very similar knifes with the lagioule branding. not really a great deal of help i know, sorry!

stuart

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
i may be entirely wrong here, i am often am, but i have a feeling that laguiole's are somewhat akin to mora's i.e. a number of different companies from the same region all producing work under the same name, as such i'd expect there to be a world of difference (in terms of quality and price) between seamingly very similar knifes with the lagioule branding. not really a great deal of help i know, sorry!

stuart
yes it is!
there are more laguiole produced in thiers than in laguiole village,if you add thiers and laguiole production per year ,it is 80% of spanish production in albacete.
then if you add thiers+laguiole+albacete it is less than pakistani production,(with bad finish,of course,but a man with no special interest in knife would'nt notice)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE