Kuksa !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
I'm not surprised you have had more requests! :D
Yes. I had a weekend spent mainly on the computer fielding questions and requests.
Bang goes a quiet solstice.
I should have timber this week. So I'll be on the blunt end of an axe for a while.
Cheers for now.
J.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I like that kuksa. It looks authentic, inventive and fresh at the same time, and beautifully executed.Nice to see something innovative...!
(from one roselli axe user to another:))

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Ah ha !
Good old Roselli eh ?
Thanks for your support Mr D
J.
I love my roselli, not necessarily a "cool" or "trendy" axe, but very under rated in my view. I rehandled mine with a more old school finnish "vaccuum cleaner" shape handle, its like a mini wood grenade at full power, but delicate enough to accurately perform finer detail like the corners on the back shoulders of spoon bowls-and take really fine shavings too. Do you find the handle to be ok to use? I couldnt get on with the reversed angle, as if it was handled up side down...
Heres a little pic

Cheers Jonathan :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've always wanted a Roselli axe, but never known where to buy them. I know Moon-raker Knives sell them but they don't have a add to basket thing so they are for sale but you can't buy them, or am I just a technophobe? :)

Any chance of a good UK retailer that does them? :)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
My dear lady wife got mine for me as a Christmas present, probaly 6 or 7 years ago now. She phoned moonraker's and did the purchase over the phone I think...
good luck getting one, they are totally excellent. And as Mac has shown on you tube, they can carve really well, it just takes a time to get accustomed to its power and feel, like with any tool....

Mr Mac

Forager
Mar 25, 2009
Home.
Absolutely wonderful. Your work is outstanding. Even more so because of your three tool philosophy.
Hi two Socks.
Yep, still sticking with three tools.
My hope is that more bush crafters will start carving with their primary edge tools.
There seems to be more folk giving it a try and I'm pleased about that.
Have a great day.
J.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Hi two Socks.
Yep, still sticking with three tools.
My hope is that more bush crafters will start carving with their primary edge tools.
There seems to be more folk giving it a try and I'm pleased about that.
Have a great day.
J.

You certainly inspired me to start carving. I only have a few tools and seeing what in theory I can achieve by practice is very motivating.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I've always wanted a Roselli axe, but never known where to buy them. I know Moon-raker Knives sell them but they don't have a add to basket thing so they are for sale but you can't buy them, or am I just a technophobe? :)

Any chance of a good UK retailer that does them? :)

Mate you need to call them. They take all their orders over the phone. They have a good reputation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE