Kuhn Rikon - coloured paring knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
While shopping in a German specialty store this morning I found some coloured paring knives by a Swiss company called Kuhn Rikon. The one that grabbed my attention was an orange paring knife that is fitted with a very secure coloured plastic sheath, and a coloured blade. Given that some folks like brightly coloured gear, and that often most of the tasks performed with a knife are simple food prep, I figured this might be a decent option to try out. Reasonably priced and easy to find if it falls off the log you sat it on into the leaf litter.

A few other option as well.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
I bought one for camping - I like the idea of a food prep knife with a blade guard, and it seems to be a decent little knife.

However, I really don't like the idea of a coloured knife in the home. I think it looks too much like a toy, and I think that they could be attractive to youngsters. If you buy one, please do keep it out of the way of kids (or make sure said kids understand that knives are tools, and should never be played with).

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE