Knoydart, solo.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Lovely photos. It is threads like this that have caused me to start looking at SOTP & I am going along to join my local canose club on Sunday. Once I have done the BCU 1 & 2 then I will be forced to buy a boat....

Nice wee fish you've got, I don't use spinners much, prefering the multimono fly.

What is a multimono fly? Is this something different from a fly fishemans standard wet fly?

Awsome mate & solo as well...Knoydart by way of loch hourn or loch nevis is high on my "to do list" ...I like my VHF's & scanners & once even thought of getting an epirb but...morse code....superb who'd have thought of it...the simplest & most reliable form of radio & still going strong....

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
No ticks and very few midges, but that was in May. I'd guess the midgies could be a problem in high summer but the sea breeze helps.

The radio is an FT-817 by Yaesu. It has general coverage receiver, and transceives on all the HF amateur bands, plus 2m and 70cm. It does SSB and FM as well as morse, but morse is far more effective when using low power (it does 5 watts out).

The morse key is the classic British wartime 8 amp model.

Morse is still going strong on the amateur bands - about 40% of traffic still goes through the key.

Good trip, Knoydart, but you won't get solitude unless you go off season.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE