Knife website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James1980

Aug 29, 2012
Rugby
Hi has anyone heard of a website called knife-king.com. Just found it whilst perusing the web looking at knives looks like some good prices and some lovely looking damascus custom knives also at very good prices almost too good to be true I think but I don't know much about pricing of knives. They do have an order minimum of £250 so possibly a group buy if people think its any good. Let me know what you think.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
With respect James, the shipping from the U.S is prohibitive plus you will get stung by HMRC plus other hidden charges the post office conspire to add on. You would be better off buying in the UK even if prices are initially higher.
Hennie Haynes is a good place to look
http://www.heinnie.com/

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Yup, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. Damascus billets cost as much as those knives if they're decent.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
...........and any website that says, "contact us about our terms and conditions", strikes me as dodgy from the word go.....

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Compare the price of 5.11 knives with Heinnie - nearly double the Heinnie price for an LMC recurve...and Heinnies aint cheap

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
dunno about the other stuff, or service, but the damascus is all very cheap coz it's the cheap indian stuff (i recognize several pieces from the various spam emails i get from these manufacturers).

maybe the other known brands are genuinly good value, but until tried who knows. Heinies is a well known company and pretty cheap

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I was thinking the same. The James Noble chap, also known as Timbo/big mark. Banned from here and i've noticed the user name Timbo pop up on this forum again today as it happens as a user name. Same type of knives.

Mass produced in pakistan or india somewhere.

Is this the same chap?
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97070&highlight

That looks like him. No idea if he is behind King Knives but something about the site sent me straight to BB to check.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
The address just looks like a normal house on Streetview so I assume its a drop shipping company that doesn't carry stock. If that's the case they have very little overheads but the items take quite a while to arrive.

That's assuming its kosher.

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
The company that registered the website - BKG Cutlery UK Ltd - was only formed in November last year (not a criticism in itself), but it means not much of a track record. However, the registered office at 207 Regent Street is the location for a virtual office (http://www.bcrvirtualservices.co.uk/), so don't go looking for them there if you encounter problems. Think carefully before you buy - or go to 15 Patriot Close Walsall, and chat to whoever answers the door.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
The company that registered the website - BKG Cutlery UK Ltd - was only formed in November last year (not a criticism in itself), but it means not much of a track record. However, the registered office at 207 Regent Street is the location for a virtual office (http://www.bcrvirtualservices.co.uk/), so don't go looking for them there if you encounter problems. Think carefully before you buy - or go to 15 Patriot Close Walsall, and chat to whoever answers the door.

Presumably Mrs. Sarwat Saghir[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE