Knife making courses / classes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 13, 2014
United Kingdom
Hello all
hope someone can help me i live in barrow in furness cumbria and i'm looking for knife making courses / classes around this area so if anyone could recommend one or give me some advise i would really appreciate it thank you in advance Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
dunno about that neck of the woods, but I run knifemaking classes down in Devon. It may be a treck, but its a lovely place to spend a few days and once you are here ;) People have travelled from much further away in the past

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
dunno about that neck of the woods, but I run knifemaking classes down in Devon. It may be a treck, but its a lovely place to spend a few days and once you are here ;) People have travelled from much further away in the past
Me, for instance!!
It was a bit of a drive but well worth it for tuition from Dave.One of my most fun weekends ever!And I now have a lovely little axe to show off with & make my mates jealous.
Nic Westerman is probably the nearest who does courses but he's in N.Wales iirc. I have a couple of his blades & can vouch for his skill as a bladesmith. Nice chap to talk to as well.
You could try asking Alf Branch (brancho on here) who is in West Cumberland.He makes lovely knives but I don't think he makes blades or teaches.He may know someone closer though.
I'm in Kendal.
Cheers, Simon
And welcome to the forum too. Always good to see another Cumbrian here.

Last edited:

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Well worth the trip IMO:)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
+ 1 for Mr Budd - well worth the drive - I live in West Wales at the furthest point from a decent road, and it was still worth the drive!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE