Knife making competition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think as long as every angle is covered with the pics then it should be good. No hiding anything :p

I think the closing date for entries is december. No rush :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yup groovy.......now doing a bit of work on the symmetry....once again i gotta say it.....*u** i wish i had a belt sander lol!!! would take hours of wasted time off it....next purchase is a bandsaw....just that would take a coupla hours off by reducing the amount of grinding needed....my poor old oap grinder came so close to meltdown at one point....i was totally absorbed in what i was doing and when i touched the case it was burning lol

a

belabear

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2008
Austria
i´m in with a scandi build.

gives me the excuse to build one again

greetings from austria

belabear

Amateur

Made own blade

1, abominable_scouse_monster
2, Belabear

Bought or modified blade

1, angst

Pro

1, Brancho
2, HillBill
3, Lannyman8
4, Gill
5, Stew

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo...yup granted i do need to get meself a loada decent files/rasps etc....i've been trying to get by with what i've got for too long...as you know i've had a few probs....mine are knackered now....and again being a newbie i'm not exactly sure what i should be getting....richards pointed me out a couple on axminster which have got me name on....and thanks for that link brancho....i am actually gonna buy one of those right now...but please what does 9tpi mean and so on....i'm a leatherworker!!!!!!! i'm stupid!!!!!!!!!! i see it says curved....i'm presuming thats diff from half-round????? and length?.....any major reason why i should buy 14inch as opposed to 8? and whats the diff between rasp and dreadnought?

and another thing....if you start giving it real welly with a really rough rasp and its a knife thats only held on with glue/pins as opposed to corbys/loveless is it possible to actually weaken the glue bond? or am i being even more of a newbie thinking that? i'm a real welly kinda guy....
Lol. I heard you mention files before but not rasps. :)

Last edited:

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
and another thing....if you start giving it real welly with a really rough rasp and its a knife thats only held on with glue/pins as opposed to corbys/loveless is it possible to actually weaken the glue bond? or am i being even more of a newbie thinking that? i'm a real welly kinda guy....

Angst
get some files and rasp, fret saw, and learn how to use them proberly,yep you need other stuff, and praictis is what you need, it takes more then 5mins,
Leave the machines untill you learnt the bascis with hand tools,
your asking for advise, being given advise then your doing your own thing, YOU DONT NEED ELECTRIC TOOLS, it would just mean you can mess up your work quicker.and with less effort,
dont mean to upset you, but a lot of guys who realy know there stuff are advising you, listion and learn
richard

reackon we should have a section just on helping you,

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Amateur

Made own blade

2, Belabear
3, DaveBromley

Bought or modified blade

1, angst

Pro

1, Brancho
2, HillBill
3, Lannyman8
4, Gill
5, Stew

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Amateur

Made own blade

2, Belabear
3, DaveBromley
4, Bilmo

Bought or modified blade

1, angst

Pro

1, Brancho
2, HillBill
3, Lannyman8
4, Gill
5, Stew

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Amateur

Made own blade

2, Belabear
3, DaveBromley
4, Bilmo

Bought or modified blade

1, angst
2, mountainm

Pro

1, Brancho
2, HillBill
3, Lannyman8
4, Gill
5, Stew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE