Knife makers ovens

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
I would like to know how much interest there would be in English made knife kilns /ovens
they would come in cheaper than the USA ones,plus no import duty to pay

The company is a oven/kiln building/repair business from Stoke on trent
They also make farrier ovens.

I can give you ruff internal measurements of 9" x 9" x 14" 2 tier oven so you could do up to 8 blades at a time. or one axe head
The ovens will be pre set to do O1 ,RWL-34 and 1 other setting plus a manual setting
The running costs will be approx 50p per hour, so we looking at O1 costing approx 70p to heat and temper 8 knives at once

If we get enough interest I could organize a group buy/introductory offer below the normal price
Please copy and paste to add your name
AT THIS STAGE YOU ARE NOT COMMITTING TO BUY YOU ARE JUST SHOWING INTEREST

1:- Mike Bowler

Last edited:

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Mike
Is it something you need to leave built up or can you pack it away when its cooled down? And a ballpark figure on the price would be good.
Cheers
Phil :)

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
I can give you ruff internal measurements of 9" x 9" x 14" 2 tier oven so you could do up to 8 blades at a time. or one axe head
The ovens will be pre set to do O1 ,RWL-34 and 1 other setting plus a manual setting
The running costs will be approx 50p per hour, so we looking at O1 costing approx 70p to heat and temper 8 knives at once

Temps, timer and internal measurements would help.... I wonder if it can be used to temper glass too. I wish I was in the market for one, I really do :(

Size is in the post

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
These things won't be cheap guys, so if your looking at getting something then expect to be forking out a good wad.

They are expensive for a reason.

What are prices Mike?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
He said they are cheaper than the American ones, which cost about £1000 at a similar size.

If you were to buy all the components to build your own it would be at least £200, And thats on the cheap. So for one to be built..... add on their costs to that.... I'd be pleasantly surprised if they cost less than £500. Could even be interested in another myself at that

Last edited:

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
Guys it's not been built yet as we are trying to gauge on peoples feed back .when it's made I will get it to bench test then I'll give the feedback to all

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE