knife forgeing " hammer in"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Owen Bush

Dec 6, 2006
welling Kent
Hi ,
I havn't posted here before but i thought that some of you might be interested in the knife forgeing "hammer in "that i am having on one of the weekends in mid march .

It will be a gathering of people who are interested in bladesmithing and we will be forging a blade and having a cutting comp on the sunday.

I have been Forging blades for 11 years and am a profesional Blacksmith ,there will also be other people there to help you along (both pro and ametures with experiance ).

I am lucky enough to have a well equiped forge with grinders power hammers press etc .Though for this weekend we will be doing it mostly by hand in the fire and on the anvil .

if you would be interested in trying forge-ing or already make knives and want to hang with some like minded people then you are most welcome to come along .

feel free to ask any questions

there were 30 people at my last axe in and 20 of those forged axe heads

I hope to have around 10 forges going .

have a look in the cutlers forge on British Blades for more details ore ask here

I should say from the outset that I will be charging £20 per person to cover steel gas coke and some large lumps of meat to roast on the fire on saturday eve .

I have space for people to stay over but unfortunatly due to my forge set up there are no bivvy spaces .

I hope that this falls within your posting rules and is not seen as a solicitation for business ,as this is no business venture ,just a chance for people to gather and learn together .

I hope some of yopuwill find this of interest .

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
Hi im a fairly new member myself im 12 years old and have never posted but recently went on a course with Dave Budd (which was fantastic may post knife pics after i have made sheath)and am very interested. possibly 2 places?
George

Owen Bush

Dec 6, 2006
welling Kent
sorry not to reply earlier I,ve been in the usa doing a sword course with don fogg .

george you would be welcome to come but at 12 years old you would need a parent along too , the weekend is just too busy for me to be constantly supervising.Hopefully dave budd will be along also as well as other experienced bladesmiths .

nick by all means come along it should be a great weekend

the dates are march 17th and 18th .

I,m looking forward to a great weekend .

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Owen, don't worry about george's age. He was better behaved and far more mature than some of the folk that come along to hammerins! (we also don't have to worry about his ability to handle lots of drink :eek: ) I'm pleased to say that george has ben one of my best students to date! :)

Also I'm afraid that it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it after all :( Aside from the fact that I can't afford the time and money away, I have been asked to do some work for the Uni and the only dates they can do are that week.

sorry :( I'll make down to your workshop one of these days! :rolleyes:

Owen Bush

Dec 6, 2006
welling Kent
Shinken ,
come along ,the more the merrier I shall put up more details closer to the time .
Dave , thats a shame .is your booking for the weekend ?there is going to be a cutting comp but i guess you will be at jacks to defend your title?!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE