Knife for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
I got this in a previous trade, but it's not really my cup of tea.
I don't know much about it, but I'll take £15 for it, or a clipper/mora/mora2000
SOLD

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
evenin' all.

i know that on BB they have protocols regarding fake badges or clones. specifically they are not permitted. distasteful though it may seem, we've no such policy. as long as full disclosure is made on the knife's authenticity or not, and the sale is made in good faith, i see no real reason for the moderating team to intervene.

ulitmately sales or deals are, strictly speaking, between the buyer and seller.

we'll have a chat to decide if any such protocol or rule is required in future.

cool photo's though, any chance of a close up of the badge on the blade?

cheers, and.

Jan 1, 1970
Dublin
Hi Sargey,

Thanks for clarifying the position re fakes / clones.

Personally I feel that once there is full disclosure and the person is not selling a number of them (and thus indicating they may be a trader), then this is ok.

On the other hand I appreciate the argument of others this practice could be tantamount to facilitating the proliferation of fakes, and also that a seller could either innocently or deliberately misreprestent the authenticity of an item - leading to bad feeling on the part of the buyer and eventually bring the reputation of Bushcraft UK into disrepute. (I'm not in any way implying any male fides on the part of the OP as there was disclosure and he never claimed the item was something it was not).

Unless it was felt by moderators that the current regime on fakes / clones was being abused then I feel it should continue to operate as at present.

With the current British Blades rules and eBay banning anything pointy where else could people be able to sell on their authentic fakes? ; )

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've read the original thread on BB.

The person who first bought the knife was both surprised and pleased at the quality of the piece.
It may well be an, 'in the style of', but it appears to be a good user.

I agree with Sargey, full disclosure has been made, the price is not a rip off, no fraudulent intent, simply a sales thread.

cheers,
Toddy

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Can I just say a word to clarify things here folks? I bought the knife as advertised. I already own a couple of Bench Made knives and was fully aware that the knife advertised was not an original..even without inspecting it. The logo for a start, and the finish on the liner, but anyway like all my knives if it is well put together and holds an edge I'm happy and it's not important to me (at £15) whether it was made by one of Snow Whites Dwarfs in their secret cavern or Mr Yashimoto the 14th Century bladesmith. It's gonna get used for work..:D :D :D

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
Gosh, thanks everybody, I thought I was going to be dragged off to the stocks for a minute there. It was just something I picked up in a trade, didn't really fancy it, so put up for sale.
Anyway it's now SOLD.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE