Knife care

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
O

othello

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to take care of a carbon steel blade i have never had a decent knife and didn't want to spend alot then wreck the knife after a couple of weeks, do you just make sure that it's dry? or is there more to it?

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
It's simple, after every use, clean it, dry it and oil it. You can use any oil in the field, olive oil, motor oil, goose fat, whatever is at hand. Try to keep it as dry as possible and if it does get wet, dry it off as soon as possible and re-oil. For storage at home, a superb product is renaissance wax. Use a thin layer over the whole knife, metal, wood the lot and buff it in. DO NOT store the knife inside a leather sheath for extended periods.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I agree with BJB, but try telling the wife she can't use "that knife" for dressing game or kitchen chores! :-o
Be ready to duck.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE