Knife and saw

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Does anyone make a simple folding knife and folding saw multitool, Without all the extra gubbins that most multitools come with, just a saw, and a knife blade?

Cheers

Julia

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
The SAK Huntsman has an excellent saw and a couple of decent knife blades. I know it has the other 'gubbins' but they are all useful tools. I'd only consider it a back up I guess but I think you'd be better with a stand alone saw and knife for your primaries.

Last edited:

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
The Victorinox SAK Woodsman has just a knife and a saw. It is basically the Farmer without the 'extras' you don't want.

I've not come across them for sale myself, but have seen them so you must be able to get them somewhere.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I use one of the large SAKs(locking blade) it has a bottle and can opener as well as saw and knife, this gives it a decent size to grip properly.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I was thinking of something like the Spyderco Clipitool Serrated?
http://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-clipitool-serrated
Not sure how big you want it. This is a fairly new one and I don't know anyone who has one. Also, the "saw" looks more like a serrated blade, but again, it depends what size you need. There's also a Fox PA42, but I can't find it in the UK, except maybe aliexpress (but no idea if its a fake on there). There are people who do SAK mods, who would put together one to your spec, it depends on your budget. (Swissbianco Alox Bushcrafter come up now and again on the preowned market)

SOG Revolver
http://www.uttings.co.uk/p114491-sog-pentagon-fixed-blade-knife-sgs14-n
Edit: not a true folder. Probably no good, but I'll leave it here just in case.

Might need to shop around for the best price

If I fall across any others I'll post them here

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was thinking of something like the Spyderco Clipitool Serrated?
http://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-clipitool-serrated
Not sure how big you want it. This is a fairly new one and I don't know anyone who has one. Also, the "saw" looks more like a serrated blade, but again, it depends what size you need. There's also a Fox PA42, but I can't find it in the UK, except maybe aliexpress (but no idea if its a fake on there). There are people who do SAK mods, who would put together one to your spec, it depends on your budget. If I fall across any others I'll post them here

Aye if you read through the features it states it's a serrated blade not a saw.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Cheers GB, Just added the SOG Revolver to my original post.. Just re read the spec and it's a fixed blade but revolves between the knife and saw. Sorry, not checking things through enough.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
SOG Revolver
http://www.uttings.co.uk/p114491-sog-pentagon-fixed-blade-knife-sgs14-n
Edit: not a true folder. Probably no good, but I'll leave it here just in case.

:yikes: That looks like an accident waiting to happen

revolver-hunter_1F9F280D_large.jpg

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
@Mesquite. Yeah, I'd want to be REAL sure of the lock! ( I think its also called the Navy Seal.. they probably have a motorised version which they hold in their teeth during hand to hand combat. lol

And also...Boker 4021, but again can't find a UK source.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Short answer is yes. The problem is I can't remember where I've seen them. No promises but I will have a look round though and see if I can find one and post it back here.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Victorinox Woodsman has only a knife and a saw. Can't believe I missed that one! Quite rare though.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Last edited:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE