Kittila Finland 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
A few of us are taking our Arctic fun to Finland in the new year, Kittila to be exact. Are there any Finnish folk on the forum that can advise us as to the best areas for winter bushcrafting. We will be heading out early feb and probably pulking straight from the airport. Any advice or local knowledge greatly appreciated.

:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Finland in January...now that will be a test of your winter skills and gear
Tidy job..hope your plans go well and you have an awesome time..!:)

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
A few of us are taking our Arctic fun to Finland in the new year, Kittila to be exact. Are there any Finnish folk on the forum that can advise us as to the best areas for winter bushcrafting.

Land at Kittilä Airport in February and prepare yourselves to following phenomenons: extreme temperatures down to -40C/F and about tens of thousands of Finnish, British, German and Russian tourists! Kittilä area is the most popular winter location in whole of Finland and there are two major ski resorts near the airport, one in the west (Ylläs) and one in the north (Levi).

The Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park is between the two resorts, so you will probably see a lot of husky and snowmobile expeditions if you decide to camp there.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Land at Kittilä Airport in February and prepare yourselves to following phenomenons: extreme temperatures down to -40C/F and about tens of thousands of Finnish, British, German and Russian tourists! Kittilä area is the most popular winter location in whole of Finland and there are two major ski resorts near the airport, one in the west (Ylläs) and one in the north (Levi).

The Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park is between the two resorts, so you will probably see a lot of husky and snowmobile expeditions if you decide to camp there.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Camp set ups ? my bushcraft 774.jpgThis is one camp set up we have come up with we can all benefit from one fire.As are tents are canvas we can get close around the fire allowing it to warm us and dry are kitmy bushcraft 744.jpg

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
From the trips I have done RF, pulling together in this way and working collaboratively is the key.
Water prep and fire duty are chores best shared, as I am sure you know!

Have fun cats, stay safe and keep us up to date with your prep.

Best.

Chris.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
From the trips I have done RF, pulling together in this way and working collaboratively is the key.
Water prep and fire duty are chores best shared, as I am sure you know!

Have fun cats, stay safe and keep us up to date with your prep.

Best.

Chris.
Thanks Chris we will :) ...

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
OK the flights are booked and its time to start shareing info with you all.We are a four man team with the same goal,which is to go to the boreal forest and use are bushcraft to be part of it.kk.jpegJokkmok was a very nice trip and we learned a lot from the trip and from this forum :) ... This is the team for Kittila Mad Dave, Red fox ,Phastoes,Welchy,we all good friends and we all are working hard geting things made and plans in place.Has any one planed an artic trip ? if so wear are you going :) ...

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
It already sounds like a great adventure. Enjoy it!
I surely will be following your thread about it. There'll always be something to learn.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Have a good one lads, Ill be out there (briefly in Finland) on the way to Norway around the same time.
Hope to see lots of plans of your trip Paul and it sounds like you have a very good adventure ahead of you its going to be a very interesting time ahead :) ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE