Kitchen kit box (patrol box design)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
After scrambling through a blue stacking crate to get to my kitchen gear at the moot (everything I needed was always at the bottom) I decided to build myself a kit box/table prep area.

20130901-195432.jpg

Still need to add legs, hinge, chain supports to hold the door flap out, paint/varnish etc. Took much longer than I expected to make the box even using my kreg pocket hole jig (project time so far about 6hrs) I also found that the screws pulled through the wood, so I had to drill on the 'wrong' side. Made assembly easier and it won't matter as I'm intending to paint it anyway.

I also discovered I didn't know how to use a circular saw. My dads old one seem to tear through wood with no problems at all. This one the safety guard gets in the way unless it's precisely calibrated meaning the back of the saw lifts ups by a few mm and goes off square - really annoying when every cut has to be precise.

I think I got away with it. I'm going to have to do a lot of sanding though.

Will Tony mind if I stencil a big BCUK logo on it? I was figuring either that or I'd go down the route of making it camo :)

Plans:

http://www.bsatroop680.org/documents/Plans/patrolboxplans.pdf

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Cheers mate, Now I've worked out the cuts I'll probably make more for the scouts but a bit customised. Might need a van for the next bushmoot!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That would be absoloutely great in any basecamp for organising food aswell as cutlery and plates. Thanks for sharing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE