Kit sale!!!

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, seems like there is a lot of chat about some pretty swanky kit here but if you are a bit short of the folding stuff or a little heavy handed and end up binning kit I have just got an email from Argos re there 6 day sale on outdoor equipment. This includes sleeping bags and tents.

As I say I realise that this isn't probably the place to go bushcrafter, but may be of use to some.

Pib :confused:

leon-1

Paul, the guys here are as happy to buy from Argos as anywhere else, they have bought tents from there and numerous other bits.

Some of us aren't all that flush (I got made redundant last year and am still looking for work) so any bargains from anywhere are welcome :)

C

cossack

I agree with Leon, also without real income, some of 'Argos' kit good value
I also run a youth group that does outdoor activities - A lot of their kit is sourced from such places, on the basis that when they wreck it or lose it (both guaranteed), the cost is not too bad

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi I'm please to hear all this, most of my stuff is second had ebay stuff. Just as a newbie I didn't want to upset the kit snobs. lol

Pib

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
The only kit snobbery you find here is always expressed as personal opinion i.e. certain sleeping bags get a bit of a rubbing by those that don't like them.

As for kit source, it's all about what works for you.

Ebay is my first internet check every morning when I'm in the market for something. I've used kip pads from ASDA that for under are £5 are great and you'll often see Lidel mentioned here for their bargains.

You do see a lot of kit being coverted on these pages but that's completely different :D

Moduser

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
We all start out buying kit we think we will need and use regardless where its from or how much it costs, but the more you get into bushcraft and develop your skills and comfortability with nature your thinking tends to change more to what can I do without or adapt from nature and whats around us. One essential piece of kit is a good knife and not many will dispute the quality of a mora at under £10 to acomplish 95% of the tasks required of it in a bushcraft setting.
Dave.

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I picked up a couple of Craghoppers dripac rucksacks half price at Argos a couple of years ago, they were selling them off at the end of the summer season, and they've been great. I'm happy to hear about any bargains though.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I'm hoping to get a 4 season sleeping bag there at lunch, if I ever get to go, and I'm glad to hear about the knife, I bought a Mora knife from ebay having said that it's yet to turn up, but that's a sore point however, I'm looking forward to it turning up.

Pib

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
heheheheheheh lololololololol, well at least those sitting around me in the office thought so! lol

Mission successful, got a four season sleeping bag for £23.00 seriously can't afford it and suspect the bank manager and me will be having a chat soon.

I would say this sale is worth a look but only if you need a sack to sleep in or need a tent.

Pib

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Some Argos kit is quite good - the old Pro Action one man tent gained quite a cult following, even being featured in one of the magazines, recommended by Cameron Mcneish, being sold on ebay for 3 times the purchase price......I have one and it is very good. Unfortunately the current model is single skin and not recommended (condensation).

I have one of their sleeping bags and the quality is very good indeed. It does not pack down quite as small as some as the lining is polycotton, not pertex. Otherwise it is every bit as good as some at 6 times the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE