Kit I need, your recommendations?

Nightwalker said:
[*]Walking Boots[/list]

IMHO - and I have done a bit of long distance walking: -

Lowa, Lowa, Lowa - I've found nothing better or more comfy. After some serious tabbing I find them still the best thing to put on my feet at the end of a long day.

They are worth every penny, last for ages and will do the business all day long

Phil.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Thanks for that recommendation. Your not the first to point me in that right direction, and I will definatly follow that up now. My step-mother was nagging me this evening what do I was for xmas, lol, I said a pair of walking boots, she said what size are you? I said forget that im coming with you when your getting them :rolleyes: Do they have them in Millets? I've only been in that store once (and I never focused on boots on my visit).

Nightwalker said:
Thanks for that recommendation. Your not the first to point me in that right direction, and I will definatly follow that up now. My step-mother was nagging me this evening what do I was for xmas, lol, I said a pair of walking boots, she said what size are you? I said forget that im coming with you when your getting them :rolleyes: Do they have them in Millets? I've only been in that store once (and I never focused on boots on my visit).

Millets don't sell Lowa boots to my knowledge.

Ebay is worth a look. My boots of choice would be these But then I find a high top boot more comfortable - which is not everyones cup of tea.

You might be able to find a Grade 1 used pair that you will still prolly pay £50+ for!! From memory the German army issue them only if the soldier has a foot problem - this might put you off a used pair :lmao: I also belive that the German army used "Lowa" boots are made are made by 4 companies including Lowa - so it's pot luck that you will receive actual Lowas :( But on the plus side they are all made to the same standards - although there are some slight design differences.

Have a look at the used boots on ebay here

Hope this helps.

Phil.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I just have a pair of Hi-Tec magnums the water proof ones. I bought them quite a while ago and don't really know if they'd be any good for hiking and such, as i've only used them for paintballing (a few years ago).

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Millets don't sell Lowa boots to my knowledge.

Ebay is worth a look. My boots of choice would be these But then I find a high top boot more comfortable - which is not everyones cup of tea.

You might be able to find a Grade 1 used pair that you will still prolly pay £50+ for!! From memory the German army issue them only if the soldier has a foot problem - this might put you off a used pair :lmao: I also belive that the German army used "Lowa" boots are made are made by 4 companies including Lowa - so it's pot luck that you will receive actual Lowas :( But on the plus side they are all made to the same standards - although there are some slight design differences.

Have a look at the used boots on ebay here

Hope this helps.

Phil.
Thanks for more info.
I dont have £120 to spend on boots :eek: however my family have been asking what I want for xams. If I were going to spend over a £100 on boots for xmas, wouldnt I want to do it somewhere else other than eBay ideally? I mean with size & fitting etc. you can just take back to a shop and swap if need be?

Nightwalker said:
Thanks for more info.
I dont have £120 to spend on boots :eek: however my family have been asking what I want for xams. If I were going to spend over a £100 on boots for xmas, wouldnt I want to do it somewhere else other than eBay ideally? I mean with size & fitting etc. you can just take back to a shop and swap if need be?

Hi Nightwalker,

I know that boots may seem to be expensive - but i believe, to a certain extent, that you get what you pay for. I've had many pairs of boots over the last 20+ years - but I've never had anything as good as Lowa's. I've couldn't bring myself to part with £150 for a new pair so I bought used from ebay, think I paid about 55 quid for them and they were Grade 1 - but they had seen plenty of action before they came to me. I also bought my other half a pair - she is a size 8 and her boots were stunning - virtually brand new.

As for trying boots on in shops - I can understand you may want to try various styles, sizes etc.

Perhaps it's worth contacting a couple of ebay sellers to see if they could sort you out a really nice pair in your size?

BTW - my Lowa's are gonna either need to be resoled - or put into retirement and I am now saving up for a new pair as a Christmas pressie to myself :)

Phil.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Hi Smarty, no I've not tried that yet! I first learnt of "thebunker" warehouse not long ago from a friend of mine who designed their website (http://www.thebunkerwarehouse.co.uk/) I dont think its complete yet. But I certainly never knew it was: (quote from their website) "One of the largest military warehouses in the country." if it really is im tickled to have it so close to me! I only have to take 1 road for 5miles and im there! I'll show go there and check it out Monday. I will also checkout trago soon, thanks!

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
I havent yet made it to "The Bunker Warehouse" even though its not far down the road. Im going tomorrow! :) I heard from my friend whos designing their website that they stock Lowas boots! :D Also to note for some that are in the services; you can get a 10% discount there if you take your ID.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE