Kids wanting independence!...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi, the boys wanted to carry all their own gear, set up their individual tents, have their own fire pit etc etc, so we headed off to the woods and let them go! Obviously we were not too far away, what with fire and sharps, coz boys will be boys!
They had a great time, cooking their own grub and keeping the grown ups with unlimited boiling water, grandma even came up for a few hours and they cooked her pasta with melted boursin!

As i sat and took a few snaps, i was really proud of them, and how they had listened and took it all in, just goes to proove that if you do something they are interested in they will absorb the info, also i was very jealous, i wished just for a moment i was a 10 year old boy!

Anyway the pics tell their own story.

Thanks for looking.

Ivan...

Alison's meet (May 2013) 001.jpg Alison's meet (May 2013) 002.jpg

Alison's meet (May 2013) 003.jpg Alison's meet (May 2013) 004.jpg

Alison's meet (May 2013) 005.jpg Alison's meet (May 2013) 006.jpg

Alison's meet (May 2013) 007.jpg Alison's meet (May 2013) 008.jpg

Alison's meet (May 2013) 009.jpg Alison's meet (May 2013) 010.jpg

Alison's meet (May 2013) 012.jpg Alison's meet (May 2013) 014.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Ivan, Looks like you're all having a great time, and just imagine that the trip could well appear in a 20 in the future "Bushcraft memories" thread like the one on here. I always loved getting away as a kid, and too many parents molly coddle their kids and don't let them these days. So hope the boys appreciate it. Cheers GB.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks, for the comments guys, it really was a magical couple of days, partners brother came up with his son and hunting dogs, who along with the kids enjoyed the freedom, even though he managed to break yet another cheap chair!

He and his wife, who also camped had a lovely time and commented how happy their son was, and considering it was an odd number, not one fall out!

I was very lucky as a kid, that my dad shared his love of the great outdoors with me, and am extremely lucky to be able to pass that on, it works, it really does.

Just did not have marshmallows, toasted on whittled hazel sticks, between two rich tea biscuits for afters!

Ivan...

Swotty, took me a minute or two to work out GWP! He looks like he has borrowed another dogs head for the weekend!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE