Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
bingobadgo said:
Cool, i will try and show my face. What kit will i need to bring? I am new to all this but i have a few bits and pieces.

Not a lot . Suitable clothing , something to eat & drink with
bring some water in case I forget.

Sense of humor & a bit of common sense are usuful

Hope to see you there
Mike

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Not sure here either, as Squirt has shown an interest in going up to Town to watch the Chinese New Year stuff. Sigh. :(

Shame as I have a pile of tinder bits - cramp balls, reedmace heads, birch bark etc. to experiment with, plus that lump of pyrite that I'd promised Nick.

Never mind, there's always next time.

Ought to mention, we had a day with Hannah (Natural Pathways) couple of weekends ago and she was asking about some of the stuff in the camp area? I gather that some of the bits may belong to them (don't know which) so you might find she's taken them back. I guess the best thing would be to speak to Libby about what's what as it was just a passing conversation at the end of the day (and yes, it rained!!).

If we don't make it tomorrow have a good day peeps & we'll see you next time.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
chickenofthewoods said:
Not sure here either, as Squirt has shown an interest in going up to Town to watch the Chinese New Year stuff. Sigh. :(

Shame as I have a pile of tinder bits - cramp balls, reedmace heads, birch bark etc. to experiment with, plus that lump of pyrite that I'd promised Nick.

Never mind, there's always next time.

Ought to mention, we had a day with Hannah (Natural Pathways) couple of weekends ago and she was asking about some of the stuff in the camp area? I gather that some of the bits may belong to them (don't know which) so you might find she's taken them back. I guess the best thing would be to speak to Libby about what's what as it was just a passing conversation at the end of the day (and yes, it rained!!).

If we don't make it tomorrow have a good day peeps & we'll see you next time.

Thanks C.o.W.
I think there are some chopping blocks that belong to Natural pathways
I will speak with Libby - at this rate there may not be anyone else to talk to :eek:

Mike

Mad Mike said:
The next Sunday avalible at Little hall is the 22nd April
Most people will be on british summer time by then

Any takers

Hi Mad MIke,

What type of things do you intend to do at the meet?

I normally go to the overnight Bucks Meets, but I'm not sure what you guys get up to.

As I am based near Ashford it would seem to make sense to come along and say hello ;)

Best regards,

Phil.

S

snake

:You_Rock_
hi mike
snake here its a yes from me for this date,i would like to learn some basic knots i have a book on knots that i could bring with me.i am no good at knots but i am willing to learn.its just an idea any other offers.but i will be down for our ban,quet over the open fire,i will bring a couple of trout this time.hope to see some new faces.sorry i have not been down due to sons raceing commitments.
Regards to all SNAKE. :beerchug:

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Need to check a few commitments & get back to you, but a tentative yes is in order I think.

Nick, I've got some pyrites for you to play with, and some other bits & bobs for tinder/firelighting experiments. If we can make it, I bring it all along. Then maybe someone can teach me the rudiments of the bow drill (I'd like to make one).

Will see what wild foragables are to be had to bring them along too. :)

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
What type of things do you intend to do at the meet?
I normally go to the overnight Bucks Meets, but I'm not sure what you guys get up to.
As I am based near Ashford it would seem to make sense to come along and say hello ;)

Hi TMKTC

There is quite a bit of woodland to walk around, lots should be growing by then

We do a lot of cooking , eating , drinking. Firelighting , sharpening & carving etc
lots friendly banter , also wearing hats is popular.
from above posts trying to get sparks from pyrites is on the cards along with some knots

What would you like to do ? How about firewood chopping practise ;)
bring along one of those shirts you like so much we are always comparing kit

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sounds great. Be nice to come along and put some faces to names ;)

I'm happy to just turn up and muck in.

What time do people tend to start arriving?

Cheers,

Phil.

Mad Mike said:
Hi TMKTC

There is quite a bit of woodland to walk around, lots should be growing by then

We do a lot of cooking , eating , drinking. Firelighting , sharpening & carving etc
lots friendly banter , also wearing hats is popular.
from above posts trying to get sparks from pyrites is on the cards along with some knots

What would you like to do ? How about firewood chopping practise ;)

Mike

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
1st post on thread
Mad Mike said:
Started a New thread as there IS a Kent Meet.

Pretty well same as last time

Set for Sunday At Little Hall Pinetum
9:00 for 09:30 site closes at 06:00pm

Canterbury OS map TR150605

Entrance is up the private road to Alcroft Grange
On the left past Little Hall Farm in the woods
Picture of car park is posted in the gallery
the public right of way paving is distinctive
& there is no height barrier

A Warden will be there on the day , we will all have to sign to
agree to behave - nothing unreasonable activities limited to
certain areas but free to walk around the whole site.

No mains water on site so I suggest you bring some
water in stream looks OK to filter & boil but is a distance
from were fires are allowed.

£5 donation to pinetum per person

max 20 people ... any takers :rolleyes:

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Sorry peeps, seems I'm double booked so no pyromaniac's playtime this month! Will have to catch up with you all next time around, but have a good one. ;)

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
Mad Mike said:
That's ok & you are counted

Might count double if you come all the way from Leicester :cool:

Will only count once, as from Saturday I will be living between London and Kent, right on the border.

Won't be to bad a trek. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE