Kathmandu Trekking Bivi Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pauli

Aug 11, 2005
Norwich
Hello everyone,
I'm new to all of this but after a course at Woodcraft am hooked. I'm starting to kit myself out and am looking at a Kathmandu basha and bivi bag. I figured that a bag with a side zip would be easiest for use with the Thai hammock I already possess. Do any of you have any experience of Kathmandu bivi bags, particularly the model with the side zip?
Cheers,
Pauli

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I’ve got one with a zip, good bit of kit. I hade mine made for me. Do you need one in the hammock though if you’ve got a tarp over it, which is the usual hammock mode.
The Kathmandu kit is good. ;)

Pauli

Aug 11, 2005
Norwich
Thought it would be a good idea to have a hammock compatable bivi bag so I could use it in the hammock for extra insulation on those really chilly nights. A bit overkill, I guess...
Cheers,
Pauli

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
I've also had the bivi bag with the side zip. Have to say though that I rarely use the zip as it is usually in a different place when I wake up from when I went to sleep!! They're nice long bags with plenty of room to completely disappear into.My one criticism is that it could be a tad wider- I really struggle to get a standard 3/4 length thermarest, 4 season bag & myself in. As a result I have ended up sleeping inside the bivi with the mat outside & usually wake up some distance away having slipped off! This has somewhat been remedied by using a lightweight thermarest instead. I've absolutely no experience of using it in a hammock as I'm still a ground dweller ( I know my place!) Kathmandu are very approachable,though,so I'm sure they can advise.I think Tony has had some gear tailored to his specifications.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE