karrimor sabre 45.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Sabre 45 is the last of my bushy packs that I've hung onto. Great build quality with plenty of options for expansion, tough and not too heavy, big enough for a weekend or week in the woods.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Its well made and will last. I found it a really good pack but either too big or too small ended up with a munro 30 and vulcan 100. Sabre is a comfy fit on me but cant say for someone else.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I got rid of mine mainly due to it not being that comfy on me,(im 6ft-3) i did a few two nighters with it, but not big enough for longer(unless you have loads of uber light/small packable gear) i could just about get my winter bag,and clothes in main compartment,needed the side pouches for the rest.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
The 2 side pouches add thevolume to 75 litres., wide bag rather than tall. plus you can fasten a sleeping mat to the underneath I beleive.
The 3 seperate compartments appeal to me more so than one. 75 litre space.

Thetent ill get is around. 45cm x 17 cm when packet, im hoping thatll fit in a side compartment

Last edited:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I like mine, however the back is not adjustable so if your not the right size for it, you will find it uncomfortable. Also if you pack it full with side pockets filled to capacity too you can find yourself carrying a lot of weight. Sometimes a larger pack with a better back system is a better option.
That said, i do like mine and find it a usefull size for me and the packing system i use.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
I was hoping the waist belt was changable so I could incoporate a war belt for the survival and medical pouches and the nalgene pouch.

Is that possible on this pack?b

And does anyone know the height of the side pouches.

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
I like mine but only for short trips , I did 100miles + in seven days with the pack weighing in at 25kg and found after day 4, i was finding it uncomfortable to say the least .
But for short trips to the woods (2 to 3 days ) its great,, holds loads with the side pockets ,,and is tough as old boots

Jason

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Oh christ, all my gears adding up to roughly. 12kg. Thats not including war belt and the pouches but does include the goods in the pouches, and possibly this karrimor pack.
Im not bothering with luxurys like bed mats and towels etc.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Oh christ, all my gears adding up to roughly. 12kg. Thats not including war belt and the pouches but does include the goods in the pouches, and possibly this karrimor pack.
Im not bothering with luxurys like bed mats and towels etc.

The waist belt is fixed and sewn in, im not sure what a "war belt" is? and my deffinition of luxurys differs vastly from yours, I find a roll mat essential as a poor nights sleep leads to massive fatigue very quickly!

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
That weeks flown by...

The Sabre 45 has a fixed back length. So no adjustment of the measurement from waist belt to shoulder. Consequentaly you need to be mindful of the fit of the pack. Especially if your thinking of backpacking for a decent distance with it and your going to up its volume with the addition of side pouches. The other thing is the opening to the main sack can seem quite narrow.

As has been advised the waist belt is fixed.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
That weeks flown by...

The Sabre 45 has a fixed back length. So no adjustment of the measurement from waist belt to shoulder. Consequentaly you need to be mindful of the fit of the pack. Especially if your thinking of backpacking for a decent distance with it and your going to up its volume with the addition of side pouches. The other thing is the opening to the main sack can seem quite narrow.

As has been advised the waist belt is fixed.

Edited .........

Last edited by a moderator:

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Certainly missed using a foruwm where someone may retype someone elses answer specifically to say
That weeks flown by.

Think thats a troll disorder or something, not sure though.. probably taunting.

Anyway stfu.. herassing me as soon as I make a new thread.

Pm me if you and your internet clan has an issue.. instead of marking me..

Appolagise and ill edit this pot..

e8d70992.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
It is a very tough pack, the fact that it is wider rather than taller makes it useful for walking off the beaten path (you can clamber about under trees and things more readily).

It does not have an adjustable back so will not suit everyone, it would be a very uncomfortable pack for a long distance walk, there are much better packs out there for your planned trip.

Last edited:

forestwalker

I have used one all summer. It appears well built, and fits my back (175 cm tall) fairly well. I use the Arktis side pouches (from Endicots IIRC) since I detest being dependent on zippers.

It is a bit cramped (a woodlore osprey, a hennesey hammock and a few odds and ends fill the main compartment up. But I can fit most of the other kit I want into the side pouches, and a mat on the outside. Unless I had a more compact sleeping bag (not to hard to arrange...) a weeks worth of food would be tricky to fit, but probably doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE