Karrimor Predator Tecmac 50

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Off wild camping next week for a couple of days and will be taking my Predator 50L for the first time. Started packing and found that the original side pouches didn't hold enough stuff, so I changed them back to the PLCE side pockets off my Sabre.

I must say that it does sit comfortably on the back and the belt seems in the right place for me....................

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
Which shop in Exeter??

This one http://www.kitshoponline.co.uk/ but they don't appear to have a piccie on the website, although they have them in stock (in that neutral/non-too-obvious-mil-looking coyote brown colour that most prefer), they have an incredible selection of rucksacks and after-market military gear in general (I hope I'm not guilty of advertising for them!)

Was worth the drive down there as I popped in to two other outdoor shops and Endicotts surplus all in the same street. Treated myself to a wool blanket, water bottle and metal mug from the surplus shop, but other things in there I found of of interest was their military (Swedish I think he said?) cooksets and a hooped DPM bivvy, the first was a little too heavy and the latter was a little too... err... hoopy?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Off wild camping next week for a couple of days and will be taking my Predator 50L for the first time. Started packing and found that the original side pouches didn't hold enough stuff, so I changed them back to the PLCE side pockets off my Sabre.

I must say that it does sit comfortably on the back and the belt seems in the right place for me....................

That's good to hear Dave. On you does the waist belt sit just above your hips or is it a bit higher and more around your stomach??

Have a good trip:)

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
That's good to hear Dave. On you does the waist belt sit just above your hips or is it a bit higher and more around your stomach??

Have a good trip:)

The belt fits just above my waistline and the belt circumnavigates across my belly........:)

However, it does feel more comfortable than my Sabre 45 but after the outing I will let you know.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
The belt fits just above my waistline and the belt circumnavigates across my belly........:)

However, it does feel more comfortable than my Sabre 45 but after the outing I will let you know.

Hi thanks for that sounds like it's in the same general position as the image of the waistbelt in the OP's review...

Have a good trip..

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Guys slightly embarrassing query but how large is the hip belt? I'm on the slightly larger side and do prefer to use the hip belt when out and about. Further, I take it the side pouches do not come as standard? Finally anyone used PRI to buy stuff from?

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Guys slightly embarrassing query but how large is the hip belt? I'm on the slightly larger side and do prefer to use the hip belt when out and about. Further, I take it the side pouches do not come as standard? Finally anyone used PRI to buy stuff from?

Hi Scoman

1) The hip belt from end to end measures 52"

2) Side pouches are extra. I bought a pair of the new pouches but prefer the standard PLCE models

3) The general public cannot buy direct from PRI you have to be a registered dealer

Hope this helps

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Dave by the way if you are looking at passing the new pouches could I have first dibs if the price is right.

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
aha oke. I'm considering the Patrol 45. It's 5 litre less so I don't think I would notice that. It's still not to be delivered here in the netherlands. Hopefully it will be soon or I have to order it unvisible from the UK.

It seems a great bag and the olive green also seems to be a good militair color (I'm a member of the dutch national guard). I have some doubts about the UK DPM and how it compares to dutch woodland

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
same reason to me but i am sure at some point it will get used for something

Have been out with it for the past couple of nights and the 50L with the standard PLCE pockets seem to give me the right carry space. If I knew what the removable carriage did perhaps I could think of using it....:)

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
Well.. I think it's design to carry a military radio into the field.

Could you carry a laptop in it?

Is the removable carriage located insite the main compartment? I cannot see exactly where it connects to the bagpack. If it can carry a laptop and removed if it's not needed, it could be great for holidays too when i carry my photo equipment with me....

Is the tecmac small enough to carry as hand luggage in an airplane? (Just due to the laptop question.... )?

Last edited:

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
The main compartment is zipped on to the backpack and it also has snap fasteners and velco fasteners on the bottom. I cannot see why a laptop could not be carried.

I believe you could use the rucksack without the side pouches as hand luggage on a plane.

twdi

Mar 8, 2010
Netherlands
aha en you can still use the bagpack without the removable carriage if you don't need it?
Sound great also for phototravelling :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE