Karrimor "Dry" bags?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I normally use a Sabre 45 with side pockets (if needed) when i am out on my travels.

While i am a bit of a fair weather bushcrafter i think it might be an idea to have a bit more protection.

I see Lakeland have Karrimor dry bags at a very reasonable price. Just how waterproof are they? Various sites seem to switch their descriptions from waterproof to water resistant.

Anyone use use them to give me a better idea?

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I had one and it was water resistant rather than waterproof.The dry Bags I use now are still karrimor available from sports direct really cheaply.Theses are water and air tight.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
The Alpkit Airloks http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16316&category_id=295are also very good and reasonably priced (but out of stock at the moment). However, if you want to spend a little more (although about the same as the average drybag in a lot of places) you can go up to their Airlok XT http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16469&category_id=295.

Far thicker than a normal bag, with a carry strap, tough grab loop and rubbery side/lash loops, they are frankly a bit of a bargain. The nearest thing to them are the Sea to Summit Big River Dry Sacks, but a 20L Sea to Summit is £20, whereas the Alpkit one is £9. I havn't compared the two, but the Alpkit one is fine for my needs.
The nice thing about have the lash loops on the side is that you can put them on the outside of a pack with compression straps and effectively end up with waterproof side pouches.

They havn't got a lot of stock at the moment, but certainly worth a look. A nice company and free delivery as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE