Just read Bob Hoskins has died

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just logged into my Yahoo email account to read this sad news. Seems he died of pneumonia aged 71.

Never met him, didn't know him personally but I did like some of his films. Seemed a genuine type of bloke rather than some poncy lovey who believed his own press releases. Normally celeb deaths don't affect me that much but strangely enough this one did.

RIP Bob.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
He will be missed.

[video=youtube;bHlfbtaSMTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlfbtaSMTA[/video]

For anyone who hasn't watched the 'Long Good Friday' now would be a good time to look it out.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sad to hear about Uncle Bart (Character in the last film I saw him in Unleashed and well worth a watch) passing. First thing I can remember seeing him in was On the Move playing Alf the driver with reading problems. Appeared in some great movies like The Wall and The Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa as well as the excellent Brazil.
As others have said he seemed an honest chap as well as a good actor.
Will be sadly missed I think.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I haven't seen The Long Good Friday, don't plan to either, those type of mobster films don't really appeal. Having said that I did like him in Danny the Dog with Jet Li. Really liked him in Mermaids too, saw that with my new bride way back when it was at t'pictures. Roger Rabbit has got to be my favourite though.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I always thought his performance in Mona Lisa was absolutely superb - along with everything else about that film..........

A must - see, and his abiding legacy for me.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I haven't seen The Long Good Friday, don't plan to either, those type of mobster films don't really appeal. Having said that I did like him in Danny the Dog with Jet Li. Really liked him in Mermaids too, saw that with my new bride way back when it was at t'pictures. Roger Rabbit has got to be my favourite though.

You really should watch The Long Good Friday. It is not just one of "those types of mobster films". It is absolutely superb and Bob Hoskins is perfect for his role. Danny the Dog doesn't deserve mention in the same post as it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE