Just noticed these - might be worth a look for anyone wantin a lightweigh tipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Just saw these during my web-browsing! They are a reduced-feature and price Seekoutside tipi (called KIS tipis), in a number of sizes. As some will know, I have an 8-man Seekoutside, and also had a slightly smaller 6-man as well. And couldn't be happier with either of them, and am more than happy to give them my seal of approval. But the ones in the linky below have slightly reduced features, and significantly reduced prices, yet are made with the same quality materials.

Calling them reduced-feature is a bit of overkill, as they continue to have sod-skirts, covered zips and two full-length openings. (Another top-quality lightweight tipi range - the kifarus - don't offer sod-skirts, or covered zips as standard (or even as options) even on their top-of-the-range tipis, and only one full-length zip - the other is a half-length one). Compared to the full-fat SO tipis, the KIS tipis don't have ceiling vents (although with double zips on the doors venting can be introduced at either the top or bottom of the tent) , screen doors or include the pole or pegs, but they DO include a fitted stove jack.

To give some sort of comparison with a Golite Shangri-la 5, theKIS 4-man is over 3 ft wider at 12'3", taller at 6'10" compared to 6'1", and made of a heavier UV-protected silnylon material (30D to 15D on the Shangri-la). The Shangri-la only has one door, and doesn't have a stove jack installed. The Shangri-la in it's favour has an inner-mesh tent with floor, neither of which the SO does. It also has a more square shape for its 91sq ft, compared to the circular shape of the SO's 117sq ft. Seekoutside do post internationally, which Golite don't.

And the usual qualification - I have no connection with Seekoutside other than a satisfied customer!

http://seekoutside.com/keep-it-simple-lightweight-tipi-tents/

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE