Please stop me from selling my Seekoutside 6-Man ultralight tipi!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I recently got a Seekoutside 6-Man tipi with all the trimmings - sod cloth, no-see-um flyscreens on both doors, Carbon-fibre pole (the correct one in the post, for those who saw it at North Woods recently!), fitted stove jack, external hanging loop. These are the bees knees - at least on a par with the Kifaru - see http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5537405/1. A description of the earlier version of this can be found at http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...36/6_Person_VersaShelterTM_from_S#Post5172736

This has been used once, and is perfect for me - 14'4" diameter, 7'10 headroom, full-length zip in the front entrance, so no need to hunch over when entering, beautifully made and not even seam-sealed yet. And less than 6lb overall. I love it! So why do I keep casting envious eyes at their 8-man? Its heavier, will take up more space on the ground, will cost more, and I don't need it! Doesn't stop me wanting it though.

So if you want to help me, don't bid on this! OK, the price at £575 is less than you'd pay in Ohio, or wherever its made, for a new one (and add on international shipping and duties plus Parcelforce's sneak fee for handling customs stuff), and its clearly a bargain. Allied to that, I'd even be prepared to supply one of their brand new medium titanium stoves and 8ft Ti stovepipe at USA delivered cost - circa £250 - as an incentive.

But that would be taking advantage of my uncontrollable desires for more and bigger shinies, and you wouldn't want to do that.

Would you? :)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Keep the one you have unless you are bringing home all of those Brazilian birds, you alread have more space than you will ever need :D

I want the stove though :D

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I knew I could rely on you Paul!

Sorry about the stove though - I'm only going to buy it if someone wants a mega-bargain on the tent! Got enough to bring back as it is:)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Ah,but just think! You could sell your new Golite 5 for a nice profit, buy the seekoutside for a song, and with the stove and tipi combined weiging in at 4kg it would be perfect for your trip:)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ah,but just think! You could sell your new Golite 5 for a nice profit, buy the seekoutside for a song, and with the stove and tipi combined weiging in at 4kg it would be perfect for your trip:)

He could have sold it for a profit until he burnt some holes in it :D :lmao:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Combined weight of the tent and poles is 6lb - nearer to 5lb if you remove/unzip the no-see-um mesh from the body of the tent doors.. Medium ti stove is approx 2lb, depending on length of pipe.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
ps - both the kifaru and Seekoutside stoves have very effective spark arrestors down low near the body of the stove. As you may recall, I had my K stove in the Kifaru 4-man tipi gonig full chat for hours at a meet, and absolutely no issue with sparks. Six-foot flame out of the top - yes - but no sparks or damage!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE