Just made a copper paracord bead.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Looking good, nice work.

Another use, you could make a DIY GITD keyfob. Buy some tritium and insert, secure with optical grade adhesive, attach to keyring. :)

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Looks fantastic. I would have set aside 30mins in my head to do that!!! 3hrs for a bead is some going, well done. Kind of gets you these projects once you get started.
Thanks for showing.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Looks fantastic. I would have set aside 30mins in my head to do that!!! 3hrs for a bead is some going, well done. Kind of gets you these projects once you get started.
Thanks for showing.

Thanks mate
Im just on with a hammered version so get pictures up when its done:)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
More beads made today,10mm and 12mm copper bar with hammered finish and various ageing finishes!
comments welcome;)

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
The redish/purple finish is really nice. How did you treat them or is that a secret. I've used bleach/salt and vinegar in the past and somehow ended up adding a bit.....urine!!!

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Thanks for the comments guys.
all ive done is heated them up to different heats with the blowgun,the darkest one was glowing red!i havent treated any as im going to let nature decide that.
im sure the shiny polished ones wont stay like it for long!
Im going to try some more in bronze.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE