Just made a copper paracord bead.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Made from 10mm copper rod approx. 3cm long with countersunk side holes,took some doing as the drill bit kept getting stuck but got there eventually.Took in total start to finish approx. 3 hours.Happy with the outcome.:)

Comments appreciated.....

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Simply a bead attached to a paracord lanyard mate,similar to a skull bead type thingy:D

Ha ha, cheers dude. I was imagining it to be part of some incomprehensible paracord kung fu

Nice job though, you obviously spent a good bit of time over it

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Drilling tube can be a nightmare, eh? I'd far prefer to see what you've made on a lanyard than any of those skull beads I've seen :)

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Drilling tube can be a nightmare, eh? I'd far prefer to see what you've made on a lanyard than any of those skull beads I've seen :)
This was solid rod mac,tough job i found!
hopefully tonight im making the lanyard to put this on......maybe with a skull bead:D

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Yes, even tougher then! I can see it now you've told me (?) Let's see a picture of it finished mate..................................

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I like that, top job.
Question though, was it hand drill or power/pillar drill?
Fairy Liquid works as a lube for metal, in pinch, but an oil and water emulsion is what we used at school and tech, if I remember rightly.

Rob.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I like that, top job.
Question though, was it hand drill or power/pillar drill?
Fairy Liquid works as a lube for metal, in pinch, but an oil and water emulsion is what we used at school and tech, if I remember rightly.

Rob.
I used a pillar dril in a vice,good tip:)
no doubts i'll be doing more so ill try those lubricantsgoodjob

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
, but an oil and water emulsion is what we used at school and tech, if I remember rightly.

Rob.

Easy to make own, a pint of veggie oil, 3 pints water, and 5 egg yolks, do in batches in liquidiser, add egg egg yolks and whizz.while whizzin, then drizzle the oil in S-L-O-W-L-Y, when emulsified add water and whizz upp...put on a bottle with fairy liquid nozzle.. dont ask me why egg yolks work, but its like making mayo.....and that dissolves readily in water....

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Any chance you could post a pic of it in use? I must admit, with all those holes I'm struggling to see how it's designed to be used.

It does look very pretty though, nice work.

James

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
being a fan of Man Knitting, I like shiney beads. that looks great!

maybe make three of them and pass the paracord through the sides and knot between them. If you want someone to test them let me know ;) ;) ;)

have you looked at GD Skulls or Schmuckatelli?

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Any chance you could post a pic of it in use? I must admit, with all those holes I'm struggling to see how it's designed to be used.

It does look very pretty though, nice work.

James
all them holes.......
its just a bead and the holes will hopefully show the paracord through,just cosmetical mate!

Nice one, WULF!
thanks mate.

being a fan of Man Knitting, I like shiney beads. that looks great!

maybe make three of them and pass the paracord through the sides and knot between them. If you want someone to test them let me know ;) ;) ;)

have you looked at GD Skulls or Schmuckatelli?
:D
Thats an option mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE