Just in case you were wondering...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Step 1: take one paper cup - poke lots of little holes in the base of it with something pointy. Step 2: take a tea bag then tear it open and shake out all the tea. Step 3: Place said teabag into said ruined paper cupStep 4: add some coffee, pour in some hot water and voila - you have yourself a little coffee filter. A bit slow but perfectly effective. Granted of course I could simply have had a cup of tea but I fancied a coffee. Besides it kept me entertained for five minutes. On a slightly different hot beverage vein if you cut the top off a drinks can, fill it with a broken up bar of galazy chocolate, then place this into a large cup full of hot water you can rather successfully melt the chocolate. Mix in some milk and you're sorted. ;) Toodlepip Andy

Trotsky

I find just putting ground coffee in my 10cm Zebra, simmering and then pouring steadily into my mug works spot on. I actually get fewer grounds/sediment in my mug that way than using my cafetiere at home!
Experimenting like that is good though, your tea bag filter could be used for more than just coffee I'm sure.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
I find just putting ground coffee in my 10cm Zebra, simmering and then pouring steadily into my mug works spot on. I actually get fewer grounds/sediment in my mug that way than using my cafetiere at home!
Experimenting like that is good though, your tea bag filter could be used for more than just coffee I'm sure.

Yeah - the proper old fashioned way of making coffee, whether over the fire or on the stove at home - and it does indeed work very well.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Yep, used to do the same pre-aeropress. If I was impatient and poured too fast then a bit of a tap / a dribble of cold water on top would help settle the grounds .

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I like this style of coffee, with the coffee bits infusing the beverage. Turkish coffee style.

I just use my teeth to sieve off the few pieces. Chew and swallow.
We all need extra fiber!

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Im sorry but the idea of destroying a perfectly good teabag to put something as yucky as coffee through it makes me cringe,like the chocolate idea tho

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE