Just got back from the Wilderness Gathering...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
1) Admireing Roving Rich's new S410 tdr as Roger makes a B-Line across the site to politely remind him of the rules
2) Meeting Gary on Saturday morning, now I know what a bear with a sore head looks like.
3) meeting some mates from 3 Para, one of which was on his stag weekend
4) Chilling with like minded people
5) some good talks
6)Bison steak and Elk bangers on the BBQ
7) Downside, spent too much money
8) Fantastic weather

Could go on, but I'm sure others will have their say, see you next year.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I agree with steve a - the best thing about the gathering was meeting up with so many people - that to my mind is what it should be all about and not so much the commercial side of things.

Bear with a sore head - :?: me :rolmao:

It is also a great treat to meet ex-students and hear how well they have done, what adventures they have had and how you have influenced their lives in a positive way - but it is an even greater treat to meet them at the gathering and be able to call them friends.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I'm sat here lamenting the fact that I'm spending Sunday at work instead of at a Wilderness Gathering, of which there should be at least one a month. My employers won't let me build a fire in reception which I think is a tad unfair, and I haven't eaten a leaf from a forest floor in over a whole week.

Woe is me.

Last weekend's Wilderness Gathering was extraordinary and it was a pleasure to meet so many lovely people. I can't wait for the next one.

I no longer consider myself slightly mad, strange or even a little unhinged for loving trees, wanting to light fires everywhere, and eat nettles...because there are TONS OF OTHERS OUT THERE who are interested in/doing exactly the same thing.

Hurray...(what a relief).

Jun 8, 2004
Hiya people, anyone got the web site address of wilderness gatherings.
ive wiped it off this god damn machine....give me a knive and a peice of wood any day.
Cheers Fuzzy Duck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE