Just got back from the Wilderness Gathering...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
...and had a great time.

My thanks to Neil1 for his patience in jump-starting my car in the car park yesterday afternoon.

My thanks also to those kind people who helped me out of the ditch in the wooded area when I was trying to back out of it.

Those two small mishaps did not take the shine off what was a lovely weekend of learning and relaxation for myself, my wife Liz and our daughter.

Bruce

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
great weekend, i was late as usual..... got there saturday.

didn't get many classes in, too busy chatting!

cheers, and.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Got back sunday 11.15 pm had a superb time hats off to Roger H and his gang they did a fantastic job I can see this reaching grand proportions soon! And to all the BCUK guys and Girls i met all i can say is i never met a nicer bunch of people and i thank you all for making mine and my little cub connors weekend one of the best we have ever spent together, two guys in particular made my sons weekend, Martin and Jim he didn't stop talking about you guys all the way home (well till he fell asleep ) you guys are two of the best blokes i've ever met,Connor called me today and told me to say hi and thanks for everything, and Stuart i think connor had a bit of a crush on cindy :eek:): say hi and thanks to her and your self of course also from connor, And to me old mate and drinking partner Gary its a long time since i met someone who from the first moment i met it seemed as if id known them all my life your a top guy and ill chat to you soon about things(thanks for the kettle :wink: ) and keep practicing the Didge :p . As i say its great chatting to you all on here but its lovely to put a face to a name, and buy of the weekend was my fire piston its the mutts nuts :You_Rock_ :biggthump cheers again Jon-Paul

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Sounds like a great time had by all then. I just wished I could have come..

Now stop saying how much you enjoyed it :cry:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Johan you'll have to fly over for it - you'd be very impressed with it all I think!

And to echo Paganwolf a big thanks you to Martin and Jim for not noticing how drunk I was ...... tooo often!! :rolmao:

And a big thank you to Paganwolf as well, for without his additional 2 bottles of JB and one bottle of gin my little bottle of Whisky mac wouldnt have had much effect! :nana:

Oh ya and a sorry to Jamie, Dave and Feathers who had to suffer (briefly) my didgaridoo playing, or lack of it!

Fantastic fun! :biggthump

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Well where to start, what a great weekend, met some old friends and made some new ones (which is even better).
Firstly I'd like to thank JP (Paganwolf) for the JD, I had a brilliant time with you guys (was even made an Honorary Essex Boy :yikes: ) and your young 'un Connor, what a great kid.
This is Connor and Jim with the pothanger Connor made.
120DSCI0015-med.JPG

Secondly Gary for introducing me to Whisky Mac (which I'm drinking at the moment :shock: hic).
I saw loads more folks from this forum over the weekend, Roving Rich, Buckshot, Jamie, Jack, Stuart, Cindy, Chris, Tony, Sargey, Kath, Leon and his wife, Leon1, Neil1, Raz, Rhoda and many more.....
Spent loads of dosh on some great new kit, Moskoselkatan Arran 7cp so next year we can get ever so slightly tiddly in a miny Tipi.
I was talking to Roger and he told me that he is thinking about doing two Gatherings next year, one in the spring and one the same time as this year.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Lurch said:
Most amusing point:
Some geezer shouting "Shut the f up!" at about 2:30 Sunday morn.
Some people camping in the woods having a little too much fun!
Missed quite a few folks I think, not much good with people me!

Never heard Him, we were in the woods being noisy :yikes: :roll:
I did see a bloke crawling of into the woods though, can't remember who it was....... :super:
........Or was that Saturday morn..... I forget :shock:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I had a great time at WG, it was my first one and was exactly what I expected. My only regret is I couldn’t be there on the Saturday, who ever heard of getting married on WG weekend :banghead: .

It was great to reaffirm friendships made at MM and also to meet loads of new and interesting people from within BCUK and beyond (I’m told there is a world outside BCUK :yikes: )

Specific mentions from me are:

Thanks to Dave, Feathers, Rich (Stalking Bunny), Jamie, Gary, Tony and Dave (again) for letting me share their camp. I hope the morning tea was OK (for those that managed to get up anyway) :super: .

Hardy and Fred – thanks for letting me into your inner sanctum behind your stand when the sun was at it’s worst. I did buy some kit off you (another billhook goes to a good home) but I also helped serve some customers… good thing – bad thing :?: ?

It was a privilege to meet Max, I enjoyed his talk and was inspired enough to buy a couple of Tom Brown books ! :You_Rock_

Rhoda – great to see you again, thanks for your compliment, it means a lot coming from someone as skilled as yourself :notworthy . I’m definitely coming on a course as soon as I sort things out.

Stuart and Cindy – good to see you again, thanks for the lesson in hot weather management and the knife. :super:

Last but not least Kath – a true bushcrafter to the end, conservation of energy and all that. I would never have thought of combining my car with an oven for the 9 hour journey back ! :rolmao: It was 120o in there when I looked at the thermometer. :shock:

Appologies if I've missed anyone, there were loads of people I would liked to have talked to as well but didn't get round to.

All in all I had a great time and came home with my sac heavier and my wallet lighter… :eek:):

Now all I need to do is get SWMBO - sorry Lorraine - talking to me again after my late arrival home on both Friday and Sunday nights so I can tell her I've spent loads of money on 'really esstential' stuff :naughty:

Cheers

Mark

J

Jamie

Gary said:
My didgeridooing was better than my snoring eh Jamie! :wink:
didgerido - daylight hours
didgerdont - 2 am

not one to comment on snoring - allegedly although I have never heard it so dont believe any of you! :nana:

Buckshot said:
Hardy and Fred – thanks for letting me into your inner sanctum behind your stand when the sun was at it’s worst. I did buy some kit off you (another billhook goes to a good home) but I also helped serve some customers… good thing – bad thing :?: ?
I am assuming you are referring to my dancing and singing abilities by calling me Fred, coz OBVIOUSLY I cant be Hardy????!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE