Just For Fun Smells...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Smells I like
engineering factories
Cordite
Gemma's pillow
old car interiors

Smells I can't stand
Sour milk
ciggy smoke
Strong aftershave/perfume
Paint.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
One of the places I regularly visit when the driving horses need fettling has the most beautiful and well-kept full set of pairs harness I've ever seen; it's eighty yrs. old and is of the highest possible quality, used and cleaned daily in the old way, saddle soap and much elbow grease, then a home made leather balm and buffed to within an inch of it's life...............The smell of this harness is beyond description, as is it's appearance, but the smell brings everything good to me every time I smell it................

I absolutely loathe the smell of Diesel, it's the devil's juice! I can't bear to have it on or about me; and I'm not over-fond of the smell of bleach, either........................

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
One smell that will never ever leave me, we had to house clear a kennels that went bust, walked in a shed to pick up a freezer, it was too heavy and locked, bust the lock off, lifted the lid, the waft of 6 month old tripe (in it's raw state) in a freezer that had been switched off! Made me urge from my socks and pass out!

Also, as a kid taking the lid off an ammonia bottle and having a good sniff! Shudders, thinking about it.

My next will be nice smells i promise.

Ivan...

We found a freezer duck taped closed at the back of the cellar of a pub we took on. It was the "meat raffle" freezer. I asked customers when the last meat raffle was, the response was "is that freezer still taped closed down there", "yes" I said, they all drunk up and left. Just over 18 months apparently. Soupy.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Oh! One more horrible one, i had a meet on Dartmoor, and one member brought their dog (nameless) picked up all the pooh and bagged it, hung it in a tree, turned in for the night (i always used to be close to the action)

Awoke to the most pungent smell (you've guessed it) 5 pooh bags burning on the fire, wind changed blowing smoke right in to my tarp, that was awful!!

Ivan...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I like:
Honeysuckle
Vanilla
Fresh baked bread
Caraway seed cake
Ramsons
Crispy bacon

I dislike:
Celery (whoever decided it was something to eat must have been extremely hungry!)
Cigarette smoke
Bad breath
Stale body odour

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Old Spice, i do still use it, good enough for my grandfather and dad and i love it.
Putty, wood smoke,leather, condor pipe baccy, zip fire lighters, pine (fat wood), baby smells (johsons talc), off the top of my head.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Love - crushed bog myrtle, woodsmoke, fresh bread, flame grilled beef

Hate - melon, the smell of other peoples feet after a weekend in the cells, tobacco smoke

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Thats really wierd, i had an old girlfriend just the same, hope her initials are not A.M.? She would get off the bike or out of the car when refuelling in the petrol station, it really did turn her on, how odd!

Ivan...

no mate she was German. Not that that's relevant I'm sure. :)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i love the smell of white sage vanilla the smell of winter( smelled that tonight )the smell of sunday roast jasmine channel yes i had wives once and the smell of curt grass
regards dave

greensurfingbear

We used to go to Cornwall for family summer surfing holidays. There was a cracking little local leathersmith shop in Padstow I used to visit. Think it was where I got my inspiration to try leather crafting. Anyway the smell of leather, Mr Zogs sex wax surfboard wax and wetsuits take me back to the care free summer days of my youth.

As for smells that I don't like, not a fan of the fumes of petrochemicals when fueling the car.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
My dad used to run his own light engineering firm when I was little, so I love the smell of hot lathe cutting oil. Also the smell of beeswax reminds me of my dads shed where his beekeeping stuff was stored. All good smells

Worst smell for me is Dry Ice, it really freaks me out for some reason.

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
I know this is an old thread, but I am now thinking of smells an stuff soooo...

the smell of pine, warm beeswax, the smell of the first rain, woodsmoke(in moderation), spices and some smelly plants like lavender... I luv 'em :D

however, diesel/petrol, fag smoke, stale woodsmoke(clinging to clothes the next day/week), B.O.... are horrible! I got a noseful of ammonia once :aargh4: :yuck: I don't remember what it smelled like though, cos what it felt like was so nasty! Felt like ice and fire at the same time!

the smell of cooking is usually nice, especially when it's mine (not cos I'm good, just pride in my "work")

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Love the smells of Land Rover, old rucksacks, my wooden shed, fresh coffee beans,frying liver, onions and bacon and the smell of fast flowing streams.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Mostly been done before.

Love:

Grandads pipe smoke
Gun oil
Dogs paws
Finnigans Waxoyl (warm)
Horses
EP90 (warm)
Old Spice
Birch smoke
Peat smoke
Good hay
Pine
Farm yard manure
Meadowsweet
Creosote
Foxes
The sea

Dislike:

Rampions
Rabbit guts after they've eaten rampions
Cheap cigarette smoke
Silage
Slurry
Billy goats
My running top after use
Air fresheners

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE