Just behind the barn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
This week I recieved my new hammock, tarp and underquilt from DD-Hammocks. So today I went out behind the barn and rigged it up. Will try it out tonite... :)

No mods. A thermarest inside as well as the underquilt. Perhaps overkill?

081011aut.jpg

081011aut2.jpg

Not very exciting site, perhaps. Next time I'll setup by the lake. Perhaps with a fire. But small steps...

If it's not comfy tonite, or if I fall down, I can just go inside. :D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Just a quick word of caution, don't be surprised if you end up very close to if not touching the ground in the morning as the straps that come with DD hammocks tend to stretch alot!!:rolleyes:
Oh and yes very nice to have woods behind your barn!

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
Thank you for the warning.

Interesting differences in the languages when you are talking about the woods. In UK you have "the woods." Plural. In Sweden we say "skogen" ~ "the wood." Singularis. A little like when you are talking about "the bush."

/Anders

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Like the back yard!
I like many put the tapes in the bin and swapped it for different cordage/tapes. My choice has been small dia climbing accessory cord around 4mm.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
Had a very good nights sleep in my back yard. :cool:

A bit damp and hot in the beginning. But in the morning it was warm and cozy. Nice to look around in the morning and hear the sounds of the wind.

The standard tapes held up relly fine. But I tigthened them after the warning... And they were double and rather short as well.

Very pleased with the setup. Next weekend it will be by the lake. Half an hours walk away. Will mod the hammock with carbiners, as I have seen suggested here.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Had a very good nights sleep in my back yard. :cool:

A bit damp and hot in the beginning. But in the morning it was warm and cozy. Nice to look around in the morning and hear the sounds of the wind.

The standard tapes held up relly fine. But I tigthened them after the warning... And they were double and rather short as well.

Very pleased with the setup. Next weekend it will be by the lake. Half an hours walk away. Will mod the hammock with carbiners, as I have seen suggested here.

Looks like we have another convert...:)

You will probably spend the next 5 years tying different knot and tarp configurations till you go back to the nice simple set up you started with :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE