Just a little video on the making of a bucksaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
I think for larger wood they are worth carrying, doesn't weigh much, and doesnt take up much room in your pack. Definitely a worthwhile item to make and carry IMHO 😊👍🏻

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
I used mine now and again for larger wood but my silky big boy has made it surplus saying this the buck cost me about £5 while the silky cost £50.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I used mine now and again for larger wood but my silky big boy has made it surplus saying this the buck cost me about £5 while the silky cost £50.

Same here, forked out for a big boy to replace the different buck and bow saws as much easier to pack and carry, but if I didn't have the budget then would stick with some form of these or just take a blade with nut and bolt in each end and use a piece of hazel for the bow handle at camp.

Cheers, Paul

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Same here, forked out for a big boy to replace the different buck and bow saws as much easier to pack and carry, but if I didn't have the budget then would stick with some form of these or just take a blade with nut and bolt in each end and use a piece of hazel for the bow handle at camp.

Cheers, Paul

+1 for the silky (or equivalent) I have a silky zubat and a gomtaro both of which can handle large diameter logs and have a narrow enough profile slip into various gaps in a pack so as not to take up any room.
Great when I am harvesting wood for carving but also effortless if I'm processing firewood for camp.

I still secretly lust after one of these though!!!
http://www.silkyfox.co.uk/katanaboy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE