July Giants Seat Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Hi Guys and Girls

I've been in contact with Anne over at Giants seat and the only dates that she has available in July are 27th - 29th of July.

I have booked these dates.

Same setup as last time £5 per night per person, we are entitled to any deadwood for our fires but they must be raised as there is a lot of leaf mould.

The camps post code is M26 1EW have a look on google maps. There is plenty of room for hammockers as well as tents and ground dwellers.

Please ad you name to the list by copying and pasting

Thanks

Dave

DaveBromley
Noodoo

**************EDIT RULES*********************

Righto chaps and chappettes i'm just gonna go through a few ground rules

*you can rock up on friday any time after 12pm and must leave the site for 2pm on Sunday

*Please pay Subs when you arrive, its £5 per night per person. (i'm there for a good time too so dont want to have to chase people please)

*NO GROUND FIRES - there is extensive leaf mould so all fires must be raised

*We can take as much deadwood as we like BUT IT MUST BE DEAD if in doubt leave it alone

*The Flag circle is out of bound (no exceptions)

*Sharps and alcohol dont mix, so no drunken sillyness (by all means have a drink just dont overdo it)

*Sharps to be sheathed unless in use

*any guests or Minors are the responsibility of the relevant Member

*There is ample room if you want to be away from the group.

*All litter must be removed from site, there is NO site bin so if you brought it with take it out please

*Toilet blocks are to be left clean!

* oh and last but most important ...........................HAVE FUN!!

I know a lot of these wont apply to anyone on here but better to be safe than sorry

Thanks guys and i look forward to seeing you there

Dave

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Riam did some wood spirit carving tutorial the last camp, if anyone would like to do a skill sharing session that would be great. Maybe a firecraft session with different fire lays and/or friction fire lighting techniques .

Let me know

Dave

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
I'm definitely interested. I'll have to confirm that the dates with the boss first.

I'll let Riam and Bud know about the dates and I've got a few other mates who are interested in trying out a bushcraft camp.

I'll have a think about a project

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Good stuff jim

Would be nice to see bud i dont think i've seen him since that camp at Riams dads place

Would be good to have some newbies too bit of fresh blood as it were!

Could be a quiet one if its just us lot lol

Dave

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I'll be there for this one, now I've got a new car. (One that's big enough to get everything in!) Sharon and the kids will probably be there as well.

For skill-share, I could do something first aid related, or traps, snares and nets (not live, obviously).

First aid subjects that spring to mind are control of bleeding, or treatment of fractures.

If you think people would be interested, I'll need a few days notice to make sure I've got all the kit I need.

Alan

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
That sounds good Alan something along the line of first step first aid as such.

I think anyone would be up for that maybe on the saturday around lunch? That way everyone will be there and all setup etc

I'm going to send a few PM's later to the usual group and make sure they are aware

Dave

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Aye up dave should be able to make the sat night will hopefully come down with riam its been along time been caught up with to many projects it will be great to catch up

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
oh and could you put my name and riams on the list i have not learned how to do that yet and probrably never will cheers dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE