Journal cover by g4ghb

Inspired by a nose through a certain buscraft guru's web shop i wanted a leather cover for my moleskine notebook. However I did not want to pay £30 to have their name on it. So I posted a wanted thread in the makers area here and Graham G4GHB responded that he was up for the challenge.
After a few PM's discussing what I was looking for, He set to work and i recieved this in the post this morning! To say i was pleased is to state the obvious. so here it is a personalised notebook cover which i shall be taking with me on all bushy advetnures from now on
Picture110.jpg

Picture111.jpg

cheers for a good job Graham

Sam

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Glad you are pleased Sam, and thanks for the pic's - I like the keyring on the pen, my spacepen has a pocket clip on it so never thought you would use it for that! :D

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya geaham thanx for the offer but there is a problem in that the one i want covering is an a4 ring bound artists sketch card pad so is bit bigger and i also want to burn the drawing thats on the first page of it on to the leather front, and if possible make it myself but were to get the tools and the actual leather is another problem cheers anyways drew

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Graham
thanks for the keyring a nice extra you threw in there.
i thought it looked too good to have my keys attached to it so lil bit of tinkering and voila
Sam

cool - did you adapt the pen to take it then? - I'd like to see how if you did..... :rolleyes:

no adapting the pen mate
my spacepen came on a long bit of leather to wear round neck but it bugged hell outta me so i removed it, the pen still had a lil metal loop on the top of it so i just threaded the end of the keyring through, then pushed the key ring through its loop so it made a kinda hitch over itself and locked it in place. if you look on first pic you can just bout make it out?
Sam

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ah I see - all makes sense now!

BTW Swmbo says your sig line is wrong! - it should read ..... 'when in doubt, eat chocolate!'

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Beautiful! Looks totally professional, and unlike a generic shop bought one, it is genuinely personal.

Firecrest
That was why i asked for someone to make one. the quality of the workmanship available throught this forum is downright amazing.
and as you say so much more personal than buying one from a shop, and it has my name on it rather than a certain bushcraft guru's.plus having my name on it not there's meant it was a darn sight cheaper!
cheers
Sam

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
g4ghb's stitching is fantasitcally neat, I can vouch for his work, he was kind enough to give me a sheath to learn pyrography on ;)

Bushcraftsman trust me i am well pleased with it.
had it in my jacket pocket today and shown it off to some collegues at work they all think it is very cool.
the stitching is so neat it could be machined
a brilliant personal bit of kit
i shall be taking it away with me tonight on its first night out
cheers
Sam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE