Johan Staaf Camp Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I've had this a while now and thought i share it with you

Made by Johan Staaf of Sweden, it's a full tang UHB 20C blade, 10.5" oa length and a 6" blade that's 6mm thick! Saying that it is surprisingly agile, though it can baton oak like balsa! carving is no problem, which surprised me as i usually go for the standard 10cm blade no thicker than 3 - 3.5mm thick. Micarta scales are slim which is probably what makes it feel so usable. It's really well balanced and the only thing i haven't used it for yet is game prep. Anyway, i'm well chuffed.:D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That reminds me a lot of "beater". As you say a well made larger camp knife is a joy to use and can be very capable of surprisingly refined work. I like the lines of that one a lot!

Red

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
He make very nice knives, i hade one of knives here and test it. Very nice one, good steel and 6mm steel is a very nice thicknes you can choop whit it and as you say you can carv with it. It looks great.

Seved

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE