Knife making with flint tools - prepping for WSS Hunter Gatherer course - part 2 of 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
My saw cuts green wood fine, it also cuts kiln dried pine too, even makes a good attempt on oak, but from using it I got the impression that with green wood I could go with much larger teeth whereas small teeth is better for seasoned wood. I wasn't planning anything as drastic as the size of your teeth but somewhere in the middle between the two. But you seem to have the opposite impression, big teeth for seasoned wood and smaller for green? Well still early days of experimentation.

My decision to use big teeth was based on little more than a whim. I'm going to make a small toothed saw blade this weekend and see how I get on with that before I have any real basis for deciding what's the optimum size of teeth. As you say, very early days. Nice saw you've made by the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE